480i to 480p comparison

People think the more they spend on cables, the better it is. I had a guy tell me at best buy yesterday that monster is worth the money and other cables cant compare. I think that comment actually made me stupider for hearing it.

Remax Realtor said:
People think the more they spend on cables, the better it is. I had a guy tell me at best buy yesterday that monster is worth the money and other cables cant compare. I think that comment actually made me stupider for hearing it.

I paid £60 for a 1 meter Monster scart cable. Only because I've just bought a new HD TV and Surround sound system and I wanted a good cable to go from DVD player to TV (saving the component sockets for Wii and I'm not a great fan of S-Video).

So in context when I'm spending well over £1,000 on new kit, I don't want a £5 scart cable. You can notice the difference, well on HD you can.

However, I do agree with you that making that asumption is foolish as it is the properties of the cables (e.g. gas injected or not) that determin it's quality, plus the kit you are connecting to.

haha it's like looking at a PS2 and then an XBOX on Zelda!!! nice

I will try my hardest not to play much untill I get these damn cables (sense I might not beat it a second time)

Most of the cheaper cables are 6' and most of the more expensive cables are 12'. What you have to realize is that analog signals deteriorate in a non-linear fashion over distance. Thus, to get the same signal integrity with a 12' cable as you would with a 6' cable, you'd have to use better materials (and obviously more of them).

So, in short - none of these cables are a huge ripoff - just don't buy more cable than you need.

Inspire said:
Most of the cheaper cables are 6' and most of the more expensive cables are 12'. What you have to realize is that analog signals deteriorate in a non-linear fashion over distance. Thus, to get the same signal integrity with a 12' cable as you would with a 6' cable, you'd have to use better materials (and obviously more of them).

So, in short - none of these cables are a huge ripoff - just don't buy more cable than you need.

You aren't going to suffer from much attenuation or rfi with just 12 feet of cable.

I wish the TV my Wii is on had a component input. There are only two TV's with component in my house, one is in the living room (it's taken up by the DVD player), the other is on my desk, too small to be worthwhile, and the desk area is too small to use the pointer effectively (I have to back all the way up to a wall for it to show up.

i dont see the difference the only thing i see is that without component cables the image looks blurry and with them it looks sharper

why not mess around with ur tv settings with the sharpness and contrast until u get something like u had component cables

zraductus said:
i dont see the difference the only thing i see is that without component cables the image looks blurry and with them it looks sharper

why not mess around with ur tv settings with the sharpness and contrast until u get something like u had component cables

Oh man... I hope you are kidding.

zraductus said:
no really.........it looks like a ps1 game without blur

Oh great, let's cover our crappy looking Wii games in a cloud of blur to hide the **** graphics. Makes perfect sense. Next time i'm at a club I'll tell all the ugly bitches to put on masks that make them look hot too.

do that but if u dont have masks drink a lot and get hammered and it will have the same effects "a la component cables"

its all good in the end u will get laid ugly hoe or not

RichardC01 said:
I'm only playing on a small TV anyway so the difference will hardly be noticeable for me. If I did have a nice big HDTV then by all means I would definataly buy the component cables, the difference is much bigger than what I was expecting.
Yeah, you don't even need to bother getting component cabels if you have a regualr tv. The difference is so small it's just a waste of money. :p

Back