4GB Sd cards

You can Free the Wii memory a put your Wii saved games on it...

i gto myself a 2GB SD card and was told i need a card reader to get things from my pc onto my card, where do i get a card reader

Axtlar said:
with these "SD cards" can you put your Wii memory in there? like the Zelda memory and Wii Sports etc/?

You can copy the saved Zelda games, BUT for some reason I can not copy the Elebits game saves...:sad: :sad:

ossy43 said:
You can copy the saved Zelda games, BUT for some reason I can not copy the Elebits game saves...:sad: :sad:
hmmm maybe it's got something to do with the exchange of rooms created in Elebits over the internet

manic041 said:
i gto myself a 2GB SD card and was told i need a card reader to get things from my pc onto my card, where do i get a card reader

Circuit city, Best Buy, CompUSA.....

Axtlar said:
hmmm maybe it's got something to do with the exchange of rooms created in Elebits over the internet

No idea, it's the only game along with Opera trial, I can not copy to the SD card.
The card was formated by the Wii, giving me 15081 blocks.
I was able to copy my saved Zelda, but not elebits or Opera Trial, I understand opera trial, nut Elebits saved game......

djboganofbeatz said:
ive read somewhere that the wii cant read sd cards any bigger than 2gb

Its in the Owners Manual. "Wii is designed to read SD cards up to 2gb".

Have a 512MB and use it on excite truck to play music. Love it! Haven't tried over 2GB though.

My guess is that the Wii reads all SD cards as FAT16. FAT16 (is obviously a file system, for those who didn't know), is limited to 2GiB, and 4GiB in *some* implementations. I'd have to test it myself, but the Wii may just flat out refuse to read/write past 2GiB, based on their documentation. You might get lucky though, hope it works.

1 GiB = 1,073,741,824 bytes
1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes

ohai superultranecropost

Brawl is a wi-fi compatible game, so for whatever stupid reason Nintendo was thinking when making the Wii, you can't put Brawl's savedata onto an SD card. Yeah, it pissed me off too when I first found out. =/

So yeah, Brawl's incompatible with all SD cards.

Back