5 Popular Wii Rumours Debunked

good article, but you could've been just as effective without the swear words--"goddamn," to be exact. you sound like an intelligent person, so don't ruin that with 5th grade vocabulary. good article.

Diomedes said:
Hey, where did you get your sources?

I've been working full time in the industry since 2001, so I know a few things and a few people ;) Not to say everything above is 100% certain, things tend to change quite quickly and much is obviously opinion rather than straight fact (although I shouldn't have to state as such, given the nature of the wording), but some of it is just business sense and trends, really. The industry, while still very young, is nowhere near as naive as it was when I first started playing games 24 years ago ;)

Haha, awesome!

Is the gaming industry really that old!? You sure could call yourself a true gamer ;)

Diomedes said:
Haha, awesome!

Is the gaming industry really that old!? You sure could call yourself a true gamer ;)

Ha, well that's certainly nicer than being called an 'old gamer' :p The industry in a home based sense has been around since the 1970s, although really only started forming into the shape we know it as these days since the 80s. I was lucky enough to have a family who played games and introduced them to me at a very young age (when I was 4, so way back in '83), so they're the ones to blame ;)

I have to admit though, it's such a great feeling to see my younger cousins, from 6 to 11 years old, all girls, enjoying videogames as much as I did when I was a kid. Even if it makes me feel even older - and I'm not even 30 yet!

Haha yeah i see. My first experience with gaming was the SNES, and how i loved it to bits! I always had been a Nintendo lover since then. Do you support Nintendo the most Cbrotherson?

Diomedes said:
Haha yeah i see. My first experience with gaming was the SNES, and how i loved it to bits! I always had been a Nintendo lover since then. Do you support Nintendo the most Cbrotherson?

Not really - I've good and bad experiences with all of the big three, and own machines made by them all too (my PS2 sits next to my Wii, which sits next to my Xbox 360 and older consoles). I actually hated Nintendo when I was a school kid, because I was a major Sega fanboy during the Master System/Game Gear era. Then I got a SNES and I enjoyed Nintendo machines from that point.

While I think Nintendo consistently makes some of the best games in the industry's history, it's also pushed some of the more suspect treatment of developers and consumers too. So my excitement is often balanced by being stung at the same time.

When I first started working in the games industry, it was for a multi-format site (Games Domain), which continued when I started working for Yahoo, so on a professional level I've always had to try and be even handed. I'm not going to pretend I dont have my biases, because everyone has them, but I love games not systems - God of War excites me more than most titles because I love mythology and action adventure, for example. At the same time, I would love to have all the games I like on one system for convenience sake because I hate the constant plugging/unplugging of my games desk (which is a mess at the best of times - all those wires!), but that's just me being lazy :lol:

That was cool, didnt read the whole points only the myths themselves. Didnt even know those were real big points.

You should do something like that for the PS3, a lot of myths surround that which are constantly debunked but coming from you may make more of an impact on the Nintendo supporters.

Ahh yes, very very true. It seems you love your job! Talking about that, the games that excited me most would be, to be honest here, tomb raider (1, 2 and 3) :)

I loved sega, but nintendo was my friend. From then the only separate platform was the xbox and i have some great games from that.

Back