5 things bad about the Wii

vagrant said:
Don't get enough online interaction from this forum?

And PS Home is lame for the record.

Makes the nerdy turn nerdier.
o my GOD THAT IS SO TRUE a real world virtual world kids will never want to due any thing they'll say lets do it on the game.... thats creepy:crazy: :yesnod:

LLBChamp said:
o my GOD THAT IS SO TRUE a real world virtual world kids will never want to due any thing they'll say lets do it on the game.... thats creepy:crazy: :yesnod:

Plus anytime you see a female character on it, there is a 90% chance it's a dude.

Home is overrated.
@vagrant- Would like to see some lobbies...(Wii)

LLBChamp said:

Isn't that like Wii Sports though? It's like.. "We don't have to go bowling anymore! We have Wii Sports!"

Well, although I see the points, I disagree with them. (Let me point out right now that I'm not a fanboy, I just really like the Wii and don't see many flaws in it)

1. Actually, this is a good point. Friend codes are a bit annoying. It's nice to just be able to play against other humans regardless if you know them or not. Still, I don't see this as a major flaw.

2. I've said it many times before: I don't care about graphics as long as they're decent. In my opinion, the Wii has decent graphics. Sure, they're about the same, maybe a tad bit prettier than the Cube's. But hey, if I was looking for good graphics, I would've gotten a PS3 or 360.

3. That's an opinion. I love Wii Sports, Wii Play is pretty good too. I've played Mario Party 8 and have liked it, played Warioware and have loved it, and based on the reviews of Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and RE4, I'd say they must be pretty awesome as well. True, their is a good handful of games in the "okay" range, but I want to play those games (such as Red Steel and others) before presuming that I won't enjoy them.

4. Not to be obvious, but the Wiimote is the point of the Wii. The Wii wouldn't be the Wii without the Wiimote. Sure, it's a bit frustrating, but it's still new to developers, so it'll get better over time. Also, it's not too bad once you're used to it. Like the Wii codename "Revolution" the Wiimote may very well be a revolution for gaming.

5. I suppose I have to agree with this one. But hey, there is always the virtual console. :)

EDIT: Actually, after I thought about it, playing Wii is relaxing. Sure, you may have to move your arms a bit and maybe stand up to get a good sensor postion, but in general it is very relaxing, both physically and mentally.

Last edited:
since the wii jus came out about 9 months ago no one can really say anything bad about it. online is currently bein worked on, i believe there is an option to use friend codes if u want to, the graphics really arent that bad, the games r gradually getting better, i mean it jus takes time to make a system and get everything perfect. so really patience is a virtue.

the entire list was stupid, apart from the Friend codes one. The rest sound like they are from an uneducacted 10 year old fanboy.

Or, from someone who just sees potential in instead of failure.
Personally, I only have mine as a trophy system.

The Wii isnt relaxing...I totally disagree! I can play Zelda and Wii Sports while still being in a very relaxed state.

Joe said:
The Wii isnt relaxing...I totally disagree! I can play Zelda and Wii Sports while still being in a very relaxed state.

Yeah I agree with you, usually the Zelda and Red Steel are played sitting down, minimal movement is required to play those games and many more.

-I don't like the idea of friend codes.

-The browser could have been a tab better. The Wii doesn't store enough cookies!

-I don't see anything wrong with add-ons, like the tennis racket. Some younger kids enjoy that, or even older people perhaps. Whatever helps Nintendo become stronger in my opinion.

-I'd like to see a game that pushes the Wii's capabilities, I don't expect one right now, I'd just like to see screenshots or some sort of video.

In our home, we all love it. Just as much as we love the Dreamcast and Super Nintendo. The only thing that it really needs is a vending machine add-on lol.

Edit:I'd just like to add...Friend codes are nice in a way. You know who your'e playing against and don't have to worry about cheaters.

Yeah, come to think of it, I've never been so tired that I can't physically play Wii. Playing it is one of my favorite ways to unwind. Still, I guess I can see how it could not be relaxing to some.

Back