manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Great job SSBB!

ash2brawl.jpg

Wow, we guess all of those Dojo Dumps weren't for nothing. As expected, people really are buying Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Other than that one copy that went to Ash, 499,999 discs have sold in Japan. That's roughly 80% of the total stock on store shelves. We're guessing that means SSBB will be sold out everywhere in Japan by the weekend, if not already.

Meanwhile, Wii Family Ski sold a modest 10,000 copies.

http://kotaku.com/351603/500000-copies-of-brawl-sell-in-one-day

wait so your tell me that not all the copies were sold out on the first day!20% is left. its not terrible news but i wouldnt really call it good news.

But think about how it will be over here in America. If only 80% was sold in Japan, than 100% would be sold over here.

manred said:
But think about how it will be over here in America. If only 80% was sold in Japan, than 100% would be sold over here.

care to explain that?

I just believe that if it sold well in Japan, than it will hopefully sell better here in America.

whaaat 500000?! thats insane!

how long did it take halo 3 to hit 1 mil?

but thats because more people have wiis in north america

samXcor3 said:
whaaat 500000?! thats insane!

how long did it take halo 3 to hit 1 mil?

first day actually. its hit near 3 million in the first 2 weeks or so.

EDIT: sorry about double post.

Halo also had a single day worldwide release right? Let's see what happens when you add the first day in Japan with the first day in America, and you'll see what would have happened if they'd shipped at the same time.

Not only that, but the Japanese are a very.... odd.... videogame demographic. It's hard to predict what they'll like en mass. That's why SMG didn't seel that well (relatively speaking) there. Everybody identifies themselves with a super-small niche market, and very few games really bridge all of those niches.

Brawl is one of those few, but it still suffers from niche-ism. The Wii-play/sports titles also bridge those niche gaps. Japan is a strange place, really. :yesnod:

This is incredibly good news. Japan is a much smaller country and despite their major gaming crazes, they don't usually buy out things or anything. It'll probably be pretty slow there. And 500,000? 500,000 Wii's were sold the first day in Japan. This is going to be HUGE. In the USA I predict about 2 mil on the first day, and like 10mil for the next two years.

mushroomedmario said:
so brawl already has double smg sales? that's sweet

i wish. SMG is around 5million. the OP said that it sold 500 000 .

Time for Nintendo to crack the whip and push out more Wii's before US release. Be honest, is anyone really surprised by these numbers? It's freakin' Brawl we are talking about here.

500,000 in Japan is a very good number sold if Halo only managed to sell twice that much on a global release. North American first day sales will easily top a million. The only concern is, will it sell out so quickly that getting your hands on a copy will be impossible. Hopefully Nintendo will base their projections on the Japanese sales and ensure that it's fairly easy to find a copy of it on the shelves.

Back