60gb PS3 is NO MO

ganton said:
The real question is what do they expect people to do with 80gb.. i can't even use 60 on my school labtop ( which i put alot of stuff like games halo bittorent music when it shouldn't ) i am such a rebel
It wouldn't be too hard. I have already used 13GB and I just got mine a few weeks ago. That is just from stuff I downloaded from the PS store, I could put my music collection and some videos on it and fill it up easily.

Thechickenman27 said:
this thing was false. It turns out that the dumbass European president of scee said that they will drop it when stock runs out. SCEA denied that and said its not true. What i think and most ppl think is that they will keep both of these sku and then if they do drop the 60gb they will make the 80 gb 499$
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6427&Itemid=2

If you read between the lines, SCEA used bullshit saftey terms like "foreseeable future" to "refute" it.

In other words it is most likely true, wasn't suppose to be released knowledge, and now they are trying to cover it up without lying.

I heard there's gonna be an interview next week clarifying whether they are discontinuing the 60gb model or not... Because some Sony people are saying it will be, and some are saying it won't be...

Sovieto said:
they need to get their heads on straight...
or just have them knocked off completely

lol i should have figured Vagrant would post this. No suprise really. Actually the report isnt 100% accurate. At the moment it seems that way though. Look, sony is changing the hardware of the ps3. Both microsoft and sony are altering the cpus. Thus, it makes sense that the non changed model would drop in price.
Its still being discussed however.

From what I understand is that the new ps3 model will have a price cut at a later date. This is smart for Sony because they are not taking such a huge loss, but also bad because people were buying the ps3 like hotcakes. Sony isnt stupid though, they have a plan. They pretty much owned E3, and have the best game line up in my opinion.

I think the lesson we need to learn here is to not think in shades of black and white, but rather look at the big picture. There are reasons, usually logical reasons for decisions made, especially when billions of dollars are on the line. If you want a PS3, nows the best time to get one. That could be what Sony is counting on. Limited time offer stuff usually gets people to decide and act faster. It could be that they dont change anything, but want people to rush out and buy them. Thats what I would do if i were them.

Shiftfallout said:
lol i should have figured Vagrant would post this. No suprise really. Actually the report isnt 100% accurate. At the moment it seems that way though. Look, sony is changing the hardware of the ps3. Both microsoft and sony are altering the cpus. Thus, it makes sense that the non changed model would drop in price.
Its still being discussed however.

From what I understand is that the new ps3 model will have a price cut at a later date. This is smart for Sony because they are not taking such a huge loss, but also bad because people were buying the ps3 like hotcakes. Sony isnt stupid though, they have a plan. They pretty much owned E3, and have the best game line up in my opinion.

I think the lesson we need to learn here is to not think in shades of black and white, but rather look at the big picture. There are reasons, usually logical reasons for decisions made, especially when billions of dollars are on the line. If you want a PS3, nows the best time to get one. That could be what Sony is counting on. Limited time offer stuff usually gets people to decide and act faster. It could be that they dont change anything, but want people to rush out and buy them. Thats what I would do if i were them.

Thank you for pointing out the things I already pointed out in the OP.

And it seems to be very accurate since it was confirmed now.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clustered-****s/kaz-confirms-60gb-ps3-discontinuation-278414.php

There is no date for a lowering of the 80gb bundle atm.

Shift calls everyone a liar. You can present any facts and he starts going into denial.

Fact: Sony can't do a real price drop this year. This is why they are discontinuing the 60gig version which actually costs Sony more money to make than the 80 gig. The 80 gig is missing the emotion engine. For Sony it's a win win. If you didn't realize they would do this you have no idea what their next move is.

Microsoft will stay at their current price range. It's all about making money, they could lower the price at another billion dollar loss.

Stupid....if they put the 20G at $400 w/o the game packaged with it...it would of worked out great...I would of bought it actually.

They did the 80G, because they got a good deal on it...seems Sony is getting very hesitated...I like Sony, but they're taking bad steps right now...they got to get their act together.

When the wrong people are in charge of any company it can only meet two fates. They remove the cancer, or let it fester until it's no longer possible to survive. Sony has the wrong people up top making the same decisions they made when they had Beta Max vs VHS.

Back