60gig HDD question

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
Hey all,

Im wondering if 60gig harddrive will be enough for all the games i buy? Ill also download demos/media once in awhile but 90% will be deleted. Will i have enough for tons of games? Like i noticed FEAR takes 2555mb of space. Not sure what Resistance and Motorstorm took since i installed before looking at my space. Was like 48/55 when both installed or somtin like that.

Should i just get a bigger hdd? Or will i be able to change in the future and transfer all my saved data and PS3 settings?

Also, one of my family accidently turned on my ps3 when i was at work. So it could of been on for 11 hours doing nothing. Would this have hurt it at all?

Are you just talking about retail games on BD? Or do you mean games that you download from the PS store? If you are talking about game saves and stuff from retail games then 60GB will definitely be enough. And no, it shouldn't hurt it at all. Many people leave theirs on all the time...

pton ps3 coolin system is way more durable then 11 hours

as for the HD get a new HD cause if your gonna use it alot then u might aswell you know get a bigger one for 100$ more.

you can change it out and swap info at a later date. Leave your ps3 on for a week straight and it will be fine. This isnt a 360, dont worry about the durability!

I think 60 GB should be enough, since now ps3 allows users to stream media files directly from their home computers :D

I still think 20gb was plenty. Unless you're bootlegging movies and games what do you need that much space for? 100,000 MP3s? You want limited space, go back to 1990 when 4gb was a lot for computers!

All games download content on the hard drive to speed up loading times. Theres a bunch of great games coming to the ps store that will eat up the hdd as well. I have a 20gb and thinking about selling it for a 60gb from sams club. I dont need the wifi or card readers, but I like the look of it better and think that 60gb should be enough space for me. Plus the sams club warranty cant be beat.

Back