60htz and HDTV Cable

Purplecat

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
Sunderland, England
I have just bought Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition which is FAB-U-LOUS I must say but I was reading the booklet that came with it and it talks about a 60htz cable and an HDTV cable, I have just bought an HDTV with Progressive Scan, is it worth buying this HDTV cable thing, will it make the picture any better??

ps I have a 37 inch HDTV if that makes any difference!

you could search for component cables..

basically if your tv is capable of running progressive scan, you might as well use it.

on some games you will come across 'jaggies' though, where your tv is displaying the true images given out by your wii... where as previously using composite outputs there is a slight blur so you dont see jagged edges on the images...

make sense?

Kinda Thanks Gary, I will pass this info to my boyfriend, he is determined to get one of these cables but we are strapped for cash as we recently bought a house so I have been limiting his purchases to things that we either need or make life better and my Wii definately makes life better (I love computer games) so if the cable is worth it I think I'll get one at the weekend.

:D

well just so you know, many users on the forum have reported that any of the cables are as good as eachother...

so if you wanna save some cash on them, sod the official ones, you should pick up a 3rd party set for 5 or 6 quid i rekon

GaryT85 said:
well just so you know, many users on the forum have reported that any of the cables are as good as eachother...

so if you wanna save some cash on them, sod the official ones, you should pick up a 3rd party set for 5 or 6 quid i rekon

Thanks for that I'll let my boyf know becaus ehe is going to buy one today.

Does the lead just go straight from the Wii console into the back of the tv (as I've said the tv is HD ready and has progressive scan)?

I'm just wandering if we can buy the HD cable or if we need anything else?

I bought a set at circuit city for $10 that work great 480P whenever possible.
RE4 is the Best Wii game so far.

Purplecat said:
Does the lead just go straight from the Wii console into the back of the tv (as I've said the tv is HD ready and has progressive scan)?

I'm just wandering if we can buy the HD cable or if we need anything else?

nope, just use the new cable in place of your current one, but obvioulsy you will plug it into the component inputs on the tv, which are colour coded anyway :yesnod:

Thanks for all of you help Gary, I have sent all the info to my boyfriend who is going to get a cable on his way home from work. I getting excited about playing Resident Evil with the cable but I've also heard the picture quality of Zelda is much better and I haven't played Zelda for months so I think Link will be making an outing tonight too. :smilewinkgrin:

I'd recommend going with the official Nintendo set - it's a few extra pounds for the peace of mind that you won't suffer the issues that other people have with VC games and generic composite cables - Namely, blank and/or garbled screens.

Back