8 Days Since Launch, 600,000 Units Sold

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Just eights days on from the North American launch Nintendo is reporting sales of some 600,000 console units, amounting to a staggering $190 million in sales.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was no doubt the favourite launch title amoung shoppers, accounting for a massive 75% of all hardware sales moving 454,000 units.

Nintendo itself has said that it expects to ship a total of 4 million consoles globally during the six weeks between the system's launch on November 19 in North America and the end of 2006. The Japanese launch of the system will follow North America on December 2nd.

"Even with sales already in excess of 600,000 units, demand continues to exceed supply, as it's clear this is one of the 'gotta-have' products for the holiday season," commented Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. "We've shipped retailers several times the amount of hardware the other company was able to deliver for its launch around the same time -- and we still sold out.”

He added: “Given the inclusive nature of Wii game play, we're seeing this new form of video gaming is already a huge hit with gamers and newcomers alike. It continues to be a phenomenal launch.”

Link: Gamasutra - Nintendo: 600,000 Wii, 454,000 Zelda Sold In First Eight Days

considering that those figures are just for north america, that is good! Wii should hit well over the million mark after Japan, Australasia and Europe launches.

It's doing quality :) I think its ironic that I know NO-ONE whos getting a Wii (though I recon all my mates/family will once they've played mine) and no-one has really heard of a Wii, yet they're are sooo many people from the UK on here and other sites, craving the Wii, cool too

Wiired said:
It's doing quality :) I think its ironic that I know NO-ONE whos getting a Wii (though I recon all my mates/family will once they've played mine) and no-one has really heard of a Wii, yet they're are sooo many people from the UK on here and other sites, craving the Wii, cool too
yeah thats good if your looking to get a wii at launch. if not so many pple knows about it.

Wiired said:
damn it is the oppistite for me i know loads of plp that are getting it:yikes:

Wiired said:
My friends are all expecting me to get one, and bring it to uni. I'm going to anyway, but I wish I wasn't so predictable.

^ So happy to read that previous post.

C'mon though, you gotta be jumping for joy for Nintendo and its employees. Awesome work Ninty. :D

Back