90% of ds owners in USA use the r4ds!!!

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
There is no way that 90% of DS owners in the USA have a R4DS. LOL bullshit

I bet the number is less than 10%

also where do you find this crap? WTF

ive even said myself that i dont believe its 90%. that is just the ESA's estimate. id say its 65% at most from what ive seen. this crap can be found in many malls. when i was part of the nintendo official Nsider forum, someone told me that they bought it at bestbuy. you know that company called Datel that made that mii to computer program and the 3rd party lan adpater for the wii, well they are the ones that made the r4ds.

thas said:
ive even said myself that i dont believe its 90%. that is just the ESA's estimate. id say its 65% at most from what ive seen. this crap can be found in many malls. when i was part of the nintendo official Nsider forum, someone told me that they bought it at bestbuy. you know that company called Datel that made that mii to computer program and the 3rd party lan adpater for the wii, well they are the ones that made the r4ds.

There is no way that a R4DS has ever been purchased at a BEST BUY keep dreaming my friend. 65% WTF are you smoking? :yikes: you seriously think that if you asked 100 people who owned a Nintendo DS 65 out of the 100 would own a R4DS or R3? LOL LOL LOL you are a comedian aren't you? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
There is no way that a R4DS has ever been purchased at a BEST BUY keep dreaming my friend. 65% WTF are you smoking? :yikes: you seriously think that if you asked 100 people who owned a Nintendo DS 65 out of the 100 would own a R4DS or R3? LOL LOL LOL you are a comedian aren't you? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

where i live, if you ask 100 people if they use an r4 or m3 98 will say yes. i said at most 65%. im trying to be more realistic than 90% but this is the ESA we are talking about not some small anlyst we are talking about here. im pretty sure that the ESA is not pulling number out of no where. these numbers must come from some sort of research that the ESA has conducted.

thas said:
where i live, if you ask 100 people if they use an r4 or m3 98 will say yes. i said at most 65%.

there is no way you know or could ask 98 people who owned an R4DS or R3 let alone get 98% out of 100 give it a break man.

thas said:
im trying to be more realistic than 90% but this is the ESA we are talking about not some small anlyst we are talking about here. im pretty sure that the ESA is not pulling number out of no where. these numbers must come from some sort of research that the ESA has conducted.

and from an earlier post by you..

first of all its a belief. and second of all its a belief of the ESA. the feaken ESA. they make ani piracy programs for every type of software and they even close down piracy websites. they are like overlords. trust me if you knew about them like i did, you wouldn't doubt their beliefs.

Did you just flip flop? STFU man you question every reply in here if they do not agree with you!:mad5:

ESA, FCC, CIA, FBI, Terrorist, Fast Food, ESRB, Tobacco Industry, Biased Media.

These are all things that rule the world and are all corrupt and I hope they all burn in hell.

As for the article. Bias. I'm on the cutting edge of game news and have never heard of this chip, heard of and own moonshell, but not this. Nobody in my school and tech class has heard of this chip. I know one kid who pirates DS games and he does it in Hong Kong.

Monsteroids said:
ESA, FCC, CIA, FBI, Terrorist, Fast Food, ESRB, Tobacco Industry, Biased Media.

These are all things that rule the world and are all corrupt and I hope they all burn in hell.

As for the article. Bias. I'm on the cutting edge of game news and have never heard of this chip, heard of and own moonshell, but not this. Nobody in my school and tech class has heard of this chip. I know one kid who pirates DS games and he does it in Hong Kong.

R4DS uses Moonshell ...

I don't even know what a R4 is?? haha......I guess I am in that small % left out.

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
R4DS uses Moonshell ...
...wow Dylan never told me that when he gave his DS to me. Hah... I had R4 without even knowing. :lol: The above statements? I still stand by them.

Well I know my other DS doesn't have R4.

Trulen said:
Ninety percent?

Wow. Talk about blowing things out of proportion.

I'd say maybe 5 percent AT THE VERY MOST use a slot-1 device.

Because, you have to think about who buys a DS.
95% of the people that have them are under the age of 16 (But my facts may be as accurate as theirs!).

The very few people that aren't so young, more than likely won't find out info on how to use a chip.

Most who do find out, usually don't follow through because they're bored of their DS and don't want to shell out that kind of money when they'll at most buy 2-3 more games in the future.

It's not that the DS economy in games has gone down because of piracy.
It's more so of the same with wii.

Crap companies come out with crap games.
When those sell poor, crap companies come up with crap theories.

Exactly. You can even think of it on simpler terms.

20.5m DS units sold in the US market so far.

20.5 x 0.90 = 18.5m R4DS units sold in the US alone.

Riiiiiiiiight...

do you people have any idea how it easy it is to get one of these.i wouldnt be surprise of my 65% estimation was correct.

thas said:
do you people have any idea how it easy it is to get one of these.i wouldnt be surprise of my 65% estimation was correct.

You're not answering any of our comments.

How easy? Do you really expect a little girls/boys would buy it? If we took a survey on how many people actually know what an R4DS is, I wouldn't even expect it to reach 10%. Majority of people who own a DS are kids who have no access to a credit card. Hell, it was hard to get one myself, I had to persuade my parents into getting me one, and allowing me to buy a MicroSD as well. If you really believe 65% of americans have one, you're saying 13+ million R4DS were manufactured? And also, people own M3's and other homebrew software. I don't know how you asked 200 people you know even have a R4DS. If the R4DS was that popular, wouldn't we be seeing some kind of action by Nintendo? We would have many more discussions on this forum. Seriously though, 65% is a very unrealistic number, it's no where near it.

Nintendo not taking action? Games are still being released as of this date, and are still turning into roms. I don't see Nintendo doing any part in this. If you could supply me the link to this "arm7", maybe I'll start believing.

Last edited:
when was the last time you opened a rom and looks inside of it. the arm7 was always in ds games but the new ones in zelda, donkey kong, prostreet and many others actually stop you from entering the game. it will give you a message saying that it cant read the card. ever get that before?

i think you are under estimating the amount of teenagers and adults that own the ds. you are pulling numbers out of no where. i dont believe that th ESA is doing that.

To be honest, I've never heard of the R4 until a few weeks ago. The article does seem biased, because there is no way that 90% of owners could be using the software and Nintendo isn't doing anything about it.

darksamus said:
To be honest, I've never heard of the R4 until a few weeks ago. The article does seem biased, because there is no way that 90% of owners could be using the software and Nintendo isn't doing anything about it.

i just finished mentioning that nintendo is doing something about it. a company called ARM which makes the ingame processors has worked with nintendo to make a protection program that is unbreakable but has one weakness. and that is that fact it can easly be taken out and replaced with an old one.

Back