A Chance for Wii Sports

Mario Bro

Banned
Jan 22, 2007
I've already posted this on another forum, but I though that it would be appropriate to spread the word (well, my word).

I notice that a lot of people didn't like the fact that there was no online gameplay for Wii Sports (I was upset too), but I remembered that with WiiConnect24, Nintendo sends you in mail not just updates for the your system, but also for your games. So it is possible that Nintendo could make online gameplay for Wii Sports, and just mail it to everyone as an update to the game. This is of course just me thinking, there isn't anything official, just a thought.

What do you think?

While it may be possible, I'm not sure if an update to include a whole online mode is likely. Nintendo hasn't really revealed the full potential of WiiConnect24 yet though, so it's impossible to know at this point in time.

I'm not sure how large the system updates are, but I expect anything along the lines of major game content to be much larger files. That would mean an extreamly long download time and then it would take up a fair share of you 512 MB of internal flash memory.

If you do the math it doesn't seem likely, unless the Wii is able to write extra data onto the game disks, which has never been mentioned by Nintendo.

it was just a thought, nothing big, just a thought, but thanks for the info bro, now I'll think twice before jumping to conclusions lol.

Back