A couple of questions about the wii...

Jeemer

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Hi guys, this is my first post here. I've not owned, or even really played, a nintendo console since the snes, and I'm considering buying a Wii.

I understand that it's backward compatible so it would be great for me to go back and play gamecube/n64 games. Unfortunately the extent of my knowledge comes from a brief conversation with someone who is really hyped about it at the weekend.

Here are my questions;

1. I'm planning on taking it home for christmas so my family and nephews can play it, what games would you recommend? I was currently thinking wii sports and that super monkey ball thing, and then zelda for myself.

2. This is my main question - If I'm buying this for people to play, I'm obviously going to want an extra controller, aren't I? I assume there will be head to head options in some of the games, rather than taking turns at it (ie tennis?) So if I'm getting an extra controller, what will I want? Another wiimote? Another set of the nunchuks? One of the classic controllers?

3. How much are the old games for nes/snes/n64 to download?

4. Can you just pop Gamecube games straight into it?

5. Are you likely to have to make any changes on your wifi router to gain access with your Wii? (ie. can you access the online content at a hotspot?)

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me.

1. red steel, cod3, wii sports is hella fun multiplayer

2. Another Wiimote, nunchuck, and classic controller if you want multiplayer... for nes games you can use the wiimote, and you can also use gamecube controllers(they plug into the console) for all bc games

3.nes: 500 snes: 700-800 N64: 1000, it is 1 cent/point

4. yes, and use gamecube controllers to play it

5. no, all i had to do was go to the menu and search for them, and i used that

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, that's great :)

In this case, what is essentially the difference between the wiimote and the nunchucks for playing wii games? Are there some wii games that only support one or the other?

the nunchuck is an attachement to the Wiimote, and some games require it, and some just need the wiimote, it says so on the back of the case, top right corner

and what age are your familly(or the ones your planning to play it with) and what genres to you like?

Are some 2 player games likely to require 2xwiimote, each with a nunchuck attached?

I'm just thinking about multiplayer wii here, am I going to need two wiimotes and two nunchucks to make it worth while? Or just two wiimotes and one nunchuck..

Family I'm playing with will range from 8-mid 30s probably

Also, I like most games really.. I used to be a big gamer, I just don't have as much time nowadays. I'm big on pretty much everything except that I never usually play FPS' on consoles, because I prefer a mouse/keyboard, but I can see the possibilities of using the wii to play these games. Aside from that, I'm not really massive on team sports games.

ok, lemme see...

NFS: Carbon

wii sports comes with it, i know you said you don't like multiplayer sports games, but with a couple other people it's really fun

Red Steel-im not sure about multiplayer, but single is pretty good

Wii Play-a bunch of mini games, and it comes w/ a free wiimote

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl-awesome multiplayer, if you've ever played the gamecube or N64 version, you'll know

other than that it's up to personal preference

Back