Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A couple of Wii questions?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by kiniki, Dec 27, 2006.

1. kiniki

kiniki WiiChat Member

Hi all.

I have a few questions that I haven't found any answers too yet.. although a couple may have been covered I thought I would just ask them in one place.

1: What is maximum size SD card that the wii supports?

2: Will there be DVD support in the future or does the Wii not have a DVD drive?

3: Does the Wii play Music CD's?

4: I have a few import GC games, will the freeloader work in the Wii as it does in the GC?

5: How do you zoom in the Opera browser? (question for a friend who has a wii already)

6: What format are Wii game disks? Are they CD's, DVD, or some kind of 'Special Nintendo Format'?

7: Is there any truth that the "European Star Points" can be converted into Wii Points?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Certified Public Asshole

Wii Friend Code: 1130-2954-1680-3052
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    2GB is the maximum capacity for SD card wise.

It's rumored in the long run they will come out with it, for more questions like this, use the SEARCH feature.

No it does not play CDs at the moment, but if you do have online access via Wii, you can listen to music such as www.soundclick.com or even your myspace.

It has been tested on Wii systems, and the answer is yes that the Freeloader does work on the Wii but for the Gamecube games only. There has been rumors going around upon a Wii version of the Freeloader being released sometime soon.

The plus and minus buttons on the remote. On the start screen of the opera, it gives instructions, all he has to do is scroll down a bit.

They're not DVD roms, nor CDs. They are 12 cm, which is a bit wider than a CD. So I can't give you an actual term for it.

I highly doubt it, but I'm not in Europe. Your best bet is to ask Nintendo or visit their FAQ section for more information.

3. kiniki

kiniki WiiChat Member

Thank you!