A Couple Questions

JCpackers05

NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC
Jul 11, 2006
United States, New Jersey
first off, when i first got my system, everytime i turn it off the light by the power button turned red. and when on, green. but for some reason now, when i turn my system off, the light is yellow...anyone know why it changed?

and also, the disc slot light, you know the blue one, idk how to set it. once yesterday when it was off the light came on, it was all like dimmed and then turned bright, then back to dim. well yeah it hasnt done it since then, so can someone explain to me the mystery of the disc slot light?

the power light turns yellow to indicate standby mode, and the blue light flashes when wiiconnect24 is sending info to your console, hope this helps

-Stranger

is there a way to just turn it off skipping standby mode, cause if not then my system is ALWAYS in standby mode when its off, or does it go off after a while of being in standby?...or is it normal to continually be in standby?

When the blue light flashes when the console is on, it means you have recieved an e-mail, when it is on standby (yellow light) and you have unread mail the disk slot will stay blue until the message is read, however most people like the blue light and leave the mail unread.

Hope this helps

wait...WiiGod, my blue light doesnt stay blue, it is a dimmed blue, then turns into a brightened blue, then back to a dim...and it repeats this process over and over does that mean i have new messages to read?

no, the only way to completely turn the wii off is to remove the a/c power cord, and standby mode is just fine because it uses very little energy, its silent, and it allows you to still receive important e-mail notifications from nintendo

When its off or in standby and you get a message, it will flash blue (dim then bright and so on).

i leave my on standby... Enjoy your message!

Back