A Cricket Game

I'd get it if there was one, doing a pull shot or a cover drive with the Wii remote would be awesome :) , bowling to would be pretty cool. But Nintendo being a Japanese company probably haven't even heard of cricket...... hopefully EA might make one though!

I would buy one as well, im kinda hanging out for one to come out cos they woudl be stupid not to make one if you think about it, the controls are prefect for it

How would you bowl, I can't see you continuously bowling proper deliveries, so I believe you'd press the button you want the ball to pitch before usin your wrists to determine the spin/seam. Batting would kick ass, imagine hitting a six, you'd think " I Did that". Maybe you could control the fielders to throw the ball back, whereas the PC does their movement towards the ball, you do the throwing. Moreover, it would be optional (fielding using controller) as some like it to be done manually by the AI. Would be sick, I'd buy it.

I would love to buy a cricket game for the Wii, but I would think it would be unsuccessful in the United States. Cricket is barely on the United States' radar.

ajvchuk said:
I would love to buy a cricket game for the Wii, but I would think it would be unsuccessful in the United States. Cricket is barely on the United States' radar.

Two major Cricket game series are in production:

EA Sports makes their Cricket 07 (updated every 1 or 2 years)
Codemasters makes their Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007 (updated every 1 or 2 years, named after different cricketers in different countries)

I believe if anyone will bring it to Wii, it will be Codemasters. They seem to care more about the game of cricket and not just pushing out some half-hearted game in a relatively untapped market.

NjD00 said:
A cricket game would sell well in the U.K....and thats probably it.

How ignorant can you be, cricket is a major sport in several countries and it would be hugely popular in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa to name a few.

I somewhat doubt American bloody football is on the "radar" in New Zealand.

Don't be so ignorant.

Chewitt said:
How ignorant can you be, cricket is a major sport in several countries and it would be hugely popular in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa to name a few.

I somewhat doubt American bloody football is on the "radar" in New Zealand.

Don't be so ignorant.
couldnt be more right! we hate american football, much prefer our rugby or legue, and you right cricket would sell like hotcakes over here! plus you know as well as us kiwis do, us kiwis will own any country when it comes to rugby and cricket and i dont think thatll change much on wii lol, so bring on rugby and cricket online!

Back