A Legend Emerges =P

captainN

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2012
Hi everyone. New to the forum Glad to be here.

So I got to a point in my gaming career where I was a bit frustrated. I was tired of buying games and not beating them, tired of not really enjoying what I was playing, and tired of not getting the most out of my games...I was also tired of hearing wii bashing. I've owned all three current gen consoles, still own a Ps3, and while they all have there perks I still feel the wii blew them over in terms of over all fun factor. I had to sell mine a while back for some quick cash and regreted it, so recently I bought another one, this time with New Super Mario Bros. Wii bundle....And I'm on a mission...No other consoles until I 100% 100 wii games. Will it take years? Probably. But so far I'm having fun which is really the whole point. So I wanted a community to share my journey with. I know there is a lot of hype right now about the wii U and who knows one day I may own one of those too. But for now, I've always been that guy who got a console late in the game and economically its actually best that way. I'm satisfied making great new memories with my wii. The one thing I am kind of sad about is that the virtual console for the wii will likely be disbanded by the time I complete my quest.....But that's a bridge to cross when I get to it. Glad to be here again and looking forward to meeting all of you!

Welcome to Wiichat, captaiN. Hope you enjoy the forums. =)

But for now, I've always been that guy who got a console late in the game and economically its actually best that way.

Nintendo will always be there to supply me a cheap console at the start of every new generation, but in these economic hard-times, I'm joining on that band wagon. I've yet to buy myself a 3DS for this very reason, and I certainly don't intend to buy the PS4 for 9,001 USD (USD... USD... USD...). :lol:

True fact. Like I said though I'm also sick of upgrading constantly and never really getting my monies worth. It helps that lately I've become an obbsessive 100%er. Some of these though I'll have to submit to congress (i.e. you guys) to determine what "100%" actually is. Right now I'm playing Sonic and Sega All Stars racing and keeps finding out about OTHER unlockables and achievements. This would be so much easier if Wii actually had something like trophy support.

Speaking of 100%ing being ambiguous at times...

The game Assasin's Creed: Revelations doesn't require you to do everything to get 100%. Literally. I had quite a bit left to do when the game said I completed it 100%, and was quite confused as a result...

Back