A little hope lost..

Cpt.McCloud said:
Haha, this will be a blow to sony if some more bad reviews come through.

Does this mean halo 3 will get low? Nope, of cause they will give halo high score, it is ign people, they just love their halo:rolleyes:
seriously man.
people talk about how halo sucks. what would you rather play on a console? how can it suck if it sells so much and gets high scores, HOW? things from that game are copied into other games, im sure no one makes a twitch fps nowadays without looking at halo for some ideas, why? because its a quality game. if you think halo sucks then face it, youre not a fps fan so you shouldnt even be talking about fps.
[not directly related to you mccloud since all you mentioned was ratings..just wanted to vent that]

Sovieto said:
seriously man.
people talk about how halo sucks. what would you rather play on a console? how can it suck if it sells so much and gets high scores, HOW? things from that game are copied into other games, im sure no one makes a twitch fps nowadays without looking at halo for some ideas, why? because its a quality game. if you think halo sucks then face it, youre not a fps fan so you shouldnt even be talking about fps.
[not directly related to you mccloud since all you mentioned was ratings..just wanted to vent that]

I am not a halo hater, I think it is good game, I prefer a lot of other games but I do like halo.

I just think halo is a little over rated and that IGN love halo:lol:

But hey it's all opinions.

Also, venting > keeping it in.

I dislike Halo. I like Red vs Blue. I wish Halo was as fun as RvB. I'm glad it got dethroned by Gears of War, and I doubt it'll pass them. Don't forget MGS4 might be online multiplayer later. MGS3 Online was loads of fun. The hackers made it hell to play at times, but I kept coming back, the game was that good.

sagema said:
I dislike Halo. I like Red vs Blue. I wish Halo was as fun as RvB. I'm glad it got dethroned by Gears of War, and I doubt it'll pass them. Don't forget MGS4 might be online multiplayer later. MGS3 Online was loads of fun. The hackers made it hell to play at times, but I kept coming back, the game was that good.
youve never played halo with a bunch of friends and just did funny **** and talk? thats basically what RvB is but with a storyline.

Sovieto said:
youve never played halo with a bunch of friends and just did funny **** and talk? thats basically what RvB is but with a storyline.

So so true.

Besides, in MGS4 I heard that you are encouraged to hack online multiplayer.

I dont think gears of war dethroned halo per say, yes gears of war was popular and I really liked the game but maybe a little overated too, I prefered gears of war single player co-op to the multiplayer and I thought the gameplay was great.

If anything 'dethrones' halo 3 online multiplayer I hope to god that it is unreal 3, that game looks great.

Cpt.McCloud said:
So so true.

Besides, in MGS4 I heard that you are encouraged to hack online multiplayer.

I dont think gears of war dethroned halo per say, yes gears of war was popular and I really liked the game but maybe a little overated too, I prefered gears of war single player co-op to the multiplayer and I thought the gameplay was great.

If anything 'dethrones' halo 3 online multiplayer I hope to god that it is unreal 3, that game looks great.
gears of war imo could dethrone halo if it had focused more on options in multiplayer. it needs the ability to take out active reload, change health, no B button, yadadadada

Sovieto said:
gears of war imo could dethrone halo if it had focused more on options in multiplayer. it needs the ability to take out active reload, change health, no B button, yadadadada

Now you see, halo has the foundations to be a great online multiplayer but gears of war has it as an add on, thats the way I see it anyway. Geras focused on single player then multiplayer.

But franchises like Halo and Unreal have the grounds of a multiplayer.

I played Halo(PC). It was good, but the hacks, and BS they could pull wasn't. Halo 2 sucked, and Gears of War is far better. Halo had a lot of success because it stepped away from the FPS norm at the time. But now Halo itself is the norm.

For the record, Warhawk owns. Best MP experience ive had for a looonggg time.

i dont see why you guys are so trusting in a few low ratings (alot of sites ive seen are 7-10/10 anyways). The game isnt out for a week or so anyways.

Either way, as far as FPS go. Viva Le Killzone2, URT3 + Haze.

Buttttt, fanboys will stick with their consoles previous megahits anyways. Im hoping that Halo3 does do alright, since the 360 has looked a little..down.. since E3.

But i like all 3 systems anyways, im just liking the Ps3 the best at the moment. (Warhawk is keeping me very occupied when im not working hehe)

Last edited:
PtonJalken said:
For the record, Warhawk owns. Best MP experience ive had for a looonggg time.

i dont see why you guys are so trusting in a few low ratings (alot of sites ive seen are 7-10/10 anyways). The game isnt out for a week or so anyways.

Either way, as far as FPS go. Viva Le Killzone2, URT3 + Haze.

Buttttt, fanboys will stick with their consoles previous megahits anyways. Im hoping that Halo3 does do alright, since the 360 has looked a little..down.. since E3.

But i like all 3 systems anyways, im just liking the Ps3 the best at the moment. (Warhawk is keeping me very occupied when im not working hehe)

Unreal Tournement defined first person shooter.

Two unreal engines later and its revamped:ihih:

It will be amazing.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Unreal Tournement defined first person shooter.

Two unreal engines later and its revamped:ihih:

It will be amazing.

definitly. I laugh at people who say something like Halo (which WAS good) defined FPS.

PtonJalken said:
definitly. I laugh at people who say something like Halo (which WAS good) defined FPS.

Hell, everyone is using the UNREAL engines now.

The Unreal tournement/championships multiplayer > halo multiplayer.

I can't wait to go live with U3:D

paintba||er said:
I thought the demo was good, so I don't see why the game wouldn't be, though the game only being six hours is a disappointment....

I thought the 'Making Ofs' said it was like 12+ or something. Either way, they said they wanted to make a "Visual" masterpiece. I still wanna get a piece out of that 1000 vs 1 level in it tho. That'll be sick.

paintba||er said:
I thought the demo was good, so I don't see why the game wouldn't be, though the game only being six hours is a disappointment....

Yeah it looked pretty good, the visuals and gameplay looked pretty sweet so I cant see why it was such a let down.

This will be a blow to sony.

Now the PS3 is riding on metal gear solid...

(Which looks amazing)

Back