A little note about RGB SCART

EVILFOXHOUND

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2007
Howdy, Noob Wii owner here.
You may know this, but i will tell just in case some people don't knnow.

I got my Wii last week (complete with faulty adaptor, thank you nintendo. And thanks to Ebay for the replacement lol). Anyway, I would have liked to have got the Component cables for my HDTV however my 360 is taking up the only sockets. So I went for the next best thing, the official RGB SCART cable.

However, when i hooked it all up, i noticed that the picture just wasnt right, colours were not improved and there were some strange artifacts on some lines. Dont even get me started on the 480i mode, looked awfull.

So i went onto the net and looked up for RGB SCART info. And I found something very interesting. On TV's that have multiple SCART sockets, only ONE of those sockets will support true RGB and its usually socket number 1. So, i switched my SCARTS around and put my Wii into socket one. And wouldnt you know it! Colours were rich, picture was clearer and 480i mode looked lots better.

So there you have it, always use your first SCART socket for true RGB. Hope this helped anyone.

PS. To those wandering about what happened to my Nintendo AC adaptor; It started buzzing loudly, so I went onto Ebay and got a 3rd party AC adaptor with a UK plug and it works just fine (seven hours on Zelda so far) :D

welcome to the site...

anyway that isnt always true of tv sets, but i have heard it a few times before.

anyway, about the component hookup, look out for a switchbox.

i have one component input on my tv, and use my 360 and wii through it, with a simple switch. will look better than the scart aswell.

just google something like 'component switchbox' and you should find a few that will do the trick.

Yeah, i looked up those switchboxes, but they are quite expensive and they need to be powered. I have also run out of power sockets behind my TV LOL

Superb find! I purchased one lol. Component Wii here i come!

Thanks.

Back