A more challenging Zelda

I agree with the fact that Dungeon items are obtained rather late. In addition to that, the Compass is obtained rather late too. Maybe this was done to increase the difficulty.

~~~!SPOILER...KINDA!~~~

What is up with the final dungeon?! Was it a joke? Did they run out of ideas? It pales in comparison to that of previous Zeldas.

Did anyone else think that the Hyrule Castle in TP was way too easy. I mean... I think mine was messed up or I did something cheap, becuase I didn't go in half the rooms, and I got the big key right away. I saw some locked doors that i never went into and I opened like two chests and then I was at Ganon...weird

link2232 said:
Did anyone else think that the Hyrule Castle in TP was way too easy. I mean... I think mine was messed up or I did something cheap, becuase I didn't go in half the rooms, and I got the big key right away. I saw some locked doors that i never went into and I opened like two chests and then I was at Ganon...weird

you must not have found the treasure room. too bad.

KaDee said:
MQ wasn't challenging to me, so now I know I will fly through TP more then likely :shocked:
With MQ it was easier then going through OoT the 1st time. Obviously because I know the original lay out, but I mean literally it wasn't challenging, and personally they made things easier to spot and attain. Was it just me or did anyone else spot the fact that you got the Dungeon Item at earlier points in the Dungeon then in OoT?
They pratically handed the items to you :wtf:

I agree, I never got "stuck" in MQ, but it was easily the hardest Zelda.

This is why i think Nintendo needs a new RPG franchise. They need to take a gamble and come-up with an entirely new character set and environ for an RPG. Just a completely new genre. Make it sci-fi. Cyberpunk. Multiplayer delinquent kids running around or sum ****. Because with Zelda, anyone who has played at least one in the series before will understand most of the puzzles. For instance when i first played Link to the Past, i was tearing my hair out. I would wander the entire land for days trying to figure out how to get somewhere next, when all i had to do was shoot some statue in the eye with an arrow. So you get that now, now you get that in future games. Well, i might just try shoot that tihng in an eye with an arrow. SO now we need a new game with a new tool set, new tools for new puzzles, and unxpected situations. You know now when its time to pull out the ocarina or whatever. Its become habit and its old hat. I wonder what TP is like for kids who have never played a Zelda game ever. That would be cool. From what i heard beyond Good & Evil was pretty sweet on GC, a bit different, a bit zelda-like, but for some reason it didn't sell well, perhaps it was marketed lamely, or just didn't have a good enuf name or interesting characters. Tho i'm yet to chek it out, hopefully i can pick up a copy to play on Wii.

zorrilla said:
Ok twilight princess looks beautiful,but i thought it was going to be more difficult than wind waker, It was almost the same!! the only time I died was battling Ganondorf but in the entire game i didnt even used a fairy id like to know your opinnion.
i thought this was just some method or something
but you just ruined it for the fact that i know now you battle gannondorf :nonod:

art said:
This is why i think Nintendo needs a new RPG franchise. They need to take a gamble and come-up with an entirely new character set and environ for an RPG. Just a completely new genre. Make it sci-fi. Cyberpunk. Multiplayer delinquent kids running around or sum ****. Because with Zelda, anyone who has played at least one in the series before will understand most of the puzzles. For instance when i first played Link to the Past, i was tearing my hair out. I would wander the entire land for days trying to figure out how to get somewhere next, when all i had to do was shoot some statue in the eye with an arrow. So you get that now, now you get that in future games. Well, i might just try shoot that tihng in an eye with an arrow. SO now we need a new game with a new tool set, new tools for new puzzles, and unxpected situations. You know now when its time to pull out the ocarina or whatever. Its become habit and its old hat. I wonder what TP is like for kids who have never played a Zelda game ever. That would be cool. From what i heard beyond Good & Evil was pretty sweet on GC, a bit different, a bit zelda-like, but for some reason it didn't sell well, perhaps it was marketed lamely, or just didn't have a good enuf name or interesting characters. Tho i'm yet to chek it out, hopefully i can pick up a copy to play on Wii.

So right you are...
YEARS ago when ALttP came out, a friend of mine bought it for his new SNES, him and my dad went through the game.. tried to go through the game but heavily relied on what I think was the GameMaster magazine which came out each week, it had a part of a step-by-step walkthrough in each issue.
Even with that their progress was slow, and they both said on many occasions, had it not been for the mag, they wouldnt know wtf to do :wtf:
To us at the time though, that was the 1st game of its kind, I actually thought that was the 1st Zelda game, but now we as gamers on a whole fly through these types of games because we have become used to the "things to look for" in each dungeon.
I bought ALttP for GBA either a year or 2 years ago, and I literally flew through the game, and was thinking along the way, "To think my dad and friend were stuck here for ages, waitin for the next part of the walkthrough :rolleyes:".

bosses have been pretty easy, sky temple boss was a pain

the dungeons have been ok, not too hard but there has been some thinking

Back