A new software that allows your Wii play DVD's???

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
"A Nintendo spokesperson has announced that the company plans to release a version of the console with DVD-Video playback capabilities in 2007.[33] This corroborates an earlier press release by digital media company Sonic Solutions, stating that Nintendo had chosen their CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator software engine to provide this functionality. Even though software will be used to enable DVD-Video functionality, it apparently "requires more than a firmware upgrade" and cannot therefore be implemented through the WiiConnect24 network."

I found this today on wiki, I hope its true becuase Im going to get it if it is.

i still dont understand the use of a game console as a dvd player.. i keep the gaming console for games..i rather not try to ruin the laser. dvd players can be obtain very easy and very cheap. most household already have a dvd player but if u dont and u have the latest gen gaming console.. it just dont seem right..

Same here i cant see the point its just a gimmick!!! For myself i either wack the dvd in my pc and use media centre or if its an image file on my pc i never burn it to dvd i use a program called daemon which fools your pc into thinking its got an extra drive.

If it were made available through a WiiConnect update then yeah why not. But if you had to pay extra or anything for it, then no point.

JerrodDRagon said:
"A Nintendo spokesperson has announced that the company plans to release a version of the console with DVD-Video playback capabilities in 2007.[33] This corroborates an earlier press release by digital media company Sonic Solutions, stating that Nintendo had chosen their CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator software engine to provide this functionality. Even though software will be used to enable DVD-Video functionality, it apparently "requires more than a firmware upgrade" and cannot therefore be implemented through the WiiConnect24 network."

I found this today on wiki, I hope its true becuase Im going to get it if it is.
Link? And sorry to say, but Wiki is far from a reliable source.

Who gives a crap seriously, if you want a dvd player go and buy one, they are cheap as sh1t now days.

why buy a 2nd wii "OMG WOWZ IT PLARYS LIEK DVDZ OMGSSSSSSSZZ" i mean, why make a cosole into a dvd player when u HAVE A DVD PLAYER!!?? i lolz at u. llooolllzz....

Back