A new xbox console?

blume9370

WiiChat Member
Oct 20, 2007
New Game for New Xbox Console Already in the Works?
[Ure "Vader" Paul] 05:11 am EST @ January 05th, 2008
Holy crap, I knew this would happened! I've only just bought myself an X360, barely hopping on the bandwagon as it were, and now they're already making a new Xbox console. Wait, wait. Don't jump to any conclusions here. So far, this is in the vicious rumor category. According to a mole at Microsoft (coming from the latest issue of gaming mag EGM), "a secret first party sequel is already being worked on for the next Xbox console." The game "was originally planned for the Xbox 360, but was recently moved over to the next Xbox console."

If this is true, it really wouldn't be that hard to make a guess. Hm, let's see, just off the top of my head, I'd say Halo 4 or Mass Effect 2.

Whatever, now I'm really pissed off. Anybody wanna buy a new, mint condition, 360?

i found this artice on a website i was browsing. i figured microsoft would try to release a console soon after nintendo and sony did:shocked:

Heard about this, gonna be quite annoyed if it's true. Just got my 360 for Christmas. Really doubt it though, bit too early...

There is no Halo 4, and never will be.

And Bioware has already planned for the last two releases in the Mass Effect trilogy to be made for the Xbox 360.

Obviously a new next-gen Xbox is in the works, but it won't see the light of day until sometime around/after 2012.

I see another Xbox coming but not for a good while.Halo 4 is not planned.They confirm that halo wars is the last of the series but by bungie that doesent mean that another devolper wont make it with permission from bungie.But maybe around 2010 to 2012 the nex BOX will come out.

Just because they started development on a game for the next console does not mean its coming that quick. It takes a long time to develop a game, especially a very good one. So I doubt any new console to be released until atleast the end of 2010.

kronau said:
it is true but all it is, is a black 360 with 120gb harddrive thats the only diffrence thay are just trying to rip us off liek always and yes its all readdy out from what i heard http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360elite/

That's not it, that's the Xbox 360 Elite (which has been out for quite awhile now). They're talking about something else.

I'm giong to assume the rumour is to surround the console package Xbox 360: Ultimate, which supposedly will sport a built-in HD-DVD Drive, Wi-Fi, and a 320GB HDD.

Honestly, It seems like a real slap in the face to all those who already purchased the Elite.

Last edited:
CyanRussel said:
Xbox 720...WILL BE COMING OUT SOON...

Checked it out in this website....eh, maybe 2009

A new update on that console rumor by the way:

CVG said:
There's promise of "important" Xbox news from Bill Gates' appearance ar next week's CES in Las Vegas, but despite the rumours it looks like a HD-DVD enabled Xbox 360 won't be revealed at the Sin City electronics show.

Taking a sharp detour from its "we don't comment on rumours" policy, one Microsoft spokesperson said, "we have reiterated multiple times since launching the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player that we have no plans to integrate an HD-DVD player in to the Xbox 360," in an interview with Gamespot.

"We feel that offering the drive externally is the best way to give consumers the ultimate choice to create their own high-definition experiences."

A wise choice in my opinion. Releasing yet another 360 package would just only anger customers even more, especially those who already own an Xbox 360.

Gikoku said:
A new update on that console rumor by the way:
Its not a rumor....its actually true...but ppl are saying that its coming out early....since its already 2008...and the 360 released in Nov. 17 i think 2005...we should be seeing a new Microsoft console....."Coughs...720"

A wise choice in my opinion. Releasing yet another 360 package would just only anger customers even more, especially those who already own an Xbox 360.
What about those who dont have the consoles....put a big fat unremoveable grin from their faces:wink:

blume9370 said:
New Game for New Xbox Console Already in the Works?
[Ure "Vader" Paul] 05:11 am EST @ January 05th, 2008
Holy crap, I knew this would happened! I've only just bought myself an X360, barely hopping on the bandwagon as it were, and now they're already making a new Xbox console. Wait, wait. Don't jump to any conclusions here. So far, this is in the vicious rumor category. According to a mole at Microsoft (coming from the latest issue of gaming mag EGM), "a secret first party sequel is already being worked on for the next Xbox console." The game "was originally planned for the Xbox 360, but was recently moved over to the next Xbox console."

If this is true, it really wouldn't be that hard to make a guess. Hm, let's see, just off the top of my head, I'd say Halo 4 or Mass Effect 2.

Whatever, now I'm really pissed off. Anybody wanna buy a new, mint condition, 360?

i found this artice on a website i was browsing. i figured microsoft would try to release a console soon after nintendo and sony did:shocked:
Bungee aren't part of Microsoft anymore, so Halo will never be the same.

Also, they said that the Halo series was over. Then again, they did leave Halo 3 at a bit of a cliffhanger (with Onyx)

CyanRussel said:
Its not a rumor....its actually true...but ppl are saying that its coming out early....since its already 2008...and the 360 released in Nov. 17 i think 2005...we should be seeing a new Microsoft console....."Coughs...720"

What about those who dont have the consoles....put a big fat unremoveable grin from their faces:wink:

Well let's put it like this.

Say the new next-gen Xbox comes out in 2009.. and Microsoft were to have released the "360 Ultimate" this Fall, then the 360 Ultimate would be just a complete waste for everyone, with the next Xbox being right around the corner.

The 360 may have been released in 2005, but that was a little over 2 years ago, and the 360 is still in it's prime. Releasing a new Xbox generation console as early as 2009 doesn't seem smart to me at all. Somewhere around or after 2012 sounds a bit more real to me.

Gikoku said:
Well let's put it like this.

Say the new next-gen Xbox comes out in 2009.. and Microsoft were to have released the "360 Ultimate" this Fall, then the 360 Ultimate would be just a complete waste for everyone, with the next Xbox being right around the corner.

The 360 may have been released in 2005, but that was a little over 2 years ago, and the 360 is still in it's prime. Releasing a new Xbox generation console as early as 2009 doesn't seem smart to me at all. Somewhere around or after 2012 sounds a bit more real to me.
Hey....Just remember...anything can happen in the gaming world....its just in a matter of time....and of course, you are entitled to your opinion...

FRuMMaGe said:
Bungee aren't part of Microsoft anymore, so Halo will never be the same.

Also, they said that the Halo series was over. Then again, they did leave Halo 3 at a bit of a cliffhanger (with Onyx)

Bungie had stated that even though they are no longer under the ownership of Microsoft, Halo is still owned by Microsoft. And Bungie have said that even with that, they'll still release Halo games with the same/better quality as before.

Alot of other people seem to look at the Bungie & Microsoft split as though they had an argument and just split on hatred or something, thus resulting in the demise of the Halo franchise and name. But they split on good terms, and are still partners working together, so there's nothing to worry about.

Back