A+ Nintendo Customer Service

CasopoliS

Tennis Pro
Nov 21, 2006
I called to tell them about my audio problem. Randomly after I play the Wii for a bit the audio goes full static. I have to then wait a while with the Wii off, then it will be ok when I turn it back on. Seems to be related to temperature, its the only thing I can think of.

I called customer service and waited maybe 10 minutes max. I explained the problem to them and they are OVERNIGHTING me a new Wii. I was not upset or demanding whatsoever. He said this was something he had not heard of and Nintendo wants to be prompt about fixing my problem. I then just ship Nintendo my Wii in the box my new one came in. Shipping label included. You know how their return program works I am sure.

I would have been happy with their normal 3-4 day claim, but the overnighting was above and beyond. He was very nice on the phone and trusted what I said to be true. Only asked a couple of questions.

I felt they deserve a thread.

so they send the Wii first? couldnt someone just call up and say their Wii is broken and then have them send them a new one and then they dont send the broken one? sounds like a dumb move on nintendo's part

You need to give a serial number to them, which they can use to verify it, not only that they also track where a wii is sent such as a region and so forth. Plus if you somehow found a way to fool them, they'd just send a bill.

Nintendo customer service has always been awsome when i got my nds replaced they accidentaly messed up the d-pad when fixing it i called them up and they sent me a new one in the mail the next day no questions asked.

OP, is this sound a sort of crackling sound, you still hear the game but alot of crackling? Mine is doing it as well and i just thought it was my tv but now that i think about it it doesnt do it on regular tv.

cnmsales said:
OP, is this sound a sort of crackling sound, you still hear the game but alot of crackling? Mine is doing it as well and i just thought it was my tv but now that i think about it it doesnt do it on regular tv.

now usually its full static and you cannot hear anything else. On 1 occasion it did crack up a bit along with normal audio, but then jumped straight to full static. If you have what I have, it goes full static right away and is BLATANTLY bad. If you got a little bit it could be interference or something else. BUT.. it could be related too.... who's to say.

It happened to me again tonight. After a while of crackling it turns into oscillating 'thump' noises.

well the new Wii does not load disks right. It ate my Wii Sports (very slowly sucking it in). The rollers were not gripping well, and now the disk won't eject.

I called customer service but due to weather they were not taking calls. I sent an email but I have yet to hear from them. We shall see. I want a NEW Wii, and both of these bad ones out of here. (and my Wii Sports back!)

CasopoliS said:
well the new Wii does not load disks right. It ate my Wii Sports (very slowly sucking it in). The rollers were not gripping well, and now the disk won't eject.

I called customer service but due to weather they were not taking calls. I sent an email but I have yet to hear from them. We shall see. I want a NEW Wii, and both of these bad ones out of here. (and my Wii Sports back!)

See, this is what I'm scared about buying a nintendo wii. with the 360, it broke 3 times before i gave up. judging by what this guy is saying, i'd have the same dilemmas with the wii!

i eat nintendo wiis said:
See, this is what I'm scared about buying a nintendo wii. with the 360, it broke 3 times before i gave up. judging by what this guy is saying, i'd have the same dilemmas with the wii!

You are judging the wii by the minority. For every 1 person here with a defective wii, there are dozens who's wii works perfectly.

Vagrant is right, on the internet it's the place to ***** about stuff people have. You aren't going to see people coming on and post something and say "Oh by the way, my Wii is still running perfectly", instead your gonna see some tard complaining to us like we can do something about it.

The thread starter did the right thing, Called customer service, most just sit around and whine and tell everyone they meet because they are having a problem they can't use their brain to solve.

Back