A Question About the Virtual Console

Dirtmuncher111

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2007
Dallas, TX
Wii Online Code
7851-1502-0097-6885
Yeah I was thinking of how some of the VC games, especially ones like Super Mario 64, take up alot of flash memory. I was wondering like how many games the wii can hold. Also, if it got full, i wouldnt mind buying an SD card. Can I do that? Can I purchase VC games straight to the SD card?

if u delete the games on ur wii u can download them again for free on the shoping channel, but i havent tried this yet :p

You should probably search for this as it's been here many times before.

The VC games do not take up much memory. You can copy them onto an SD card, but you can't play them from the card. And you can't copy them to another Wii. They're locked to the one they're downloaded on.
But if you don't have enough space on your Wii, you can delete your VC games. Once you've paid for them, you can download them as many times as you want.

oh thats a freakin awesome idea, so basically i can just have some games on there and say i want to play one not on my system that i payed for, i erase one and go to the "Games ive downloaded" section and redownload it? thanx, thats just pure genious.

Delete the downloaded games, not the save files. The save files can stay on your system or SD card.

Back