A question for all ps3 owners

zachp18

me two game systems below
Mar 4, 2007
The land of 10,000 lakes
Wii Online Code
6651-9695-6213-2367
I've been vaugly thinking about buying a ps3 exept that $600 price tag is really turning me off. So for everyone who owns a ps3 was it worth the green?

Not unless you have a lot of time to invest in playing the longass games it has.. If you're big into driving games and the like, then it's way better than the Wii simply because it has pressure sensitive buttons. All the difference, right there. And if you are really hardcore into having better graphics than gameplay. But for that I prefer my PC anyway..

ZiG said:
Not unless you have a lot of time to invest in playing the longass games it has.. If you're big into driving games and the like, then it's way better than the Wii simply because it has pressure sensitive buttons. All the difference, right there. And if you are really hardcore into having better graphics than gameplay. But for that I prefer my PC anyway..
Just because the whole console isn't based on motion sensing **** doesn't mean that it doesn't have good gameplay. Good games contribute to gameplay more than some controller. I would say yes it is worth the money, but I don't have one yet. I should be getting one within a month.

i say it was, but i got my 60gb for $500, i play it everyday and i love it i play it slot more then i played my wii:aureola:

Find someone who owns a PS3 and try it out at their house. If you can't find anyone who owns a PS3, you either
A) Lack many friends
or
B) That should tell you what the system is actually like.

Choose well...

paintba||er said:

Just because the whole console isn't based on motion sensing **** doesn't mean that it doesn't have good gameplay.

Uhhh...... Sorry, when did I say it was because of motion sensing? Read what I said carefully. I expressed my displeasure at how the wii does not have PRESSURE SENSITIVE buttons. I said nothing whatsoever about motion sensing.

ZiG said:
Right there you are implying that the PS3 doesn't have good gameplay.

The PS3 is totally worth it. You get free internet play, fast and reliable and its highly customizable. The PS3 upscales your old ps1-ps2 games to make them look better as wall as regular dvd movies.

BUT, only get the system if you see a game you want out for it. Its kind of pointless buying any console if you dont see a game that slighly interests you.

THe ps3 has some great games coming out this year. There will be a price cut eventually but it would be around 50-100 dollars, and thats not that much money to wait around for a year.

I wouldnt listen to a lot of the sony hate here on these forums, they dont even know what they are talking about 99% of the time. Take Sagema for example, his bias is so thick you could swim in it.

My friends that also have all 3 systems end up playing the ps3 the most. They admit their 360 is like a paper weight at the moment (they are waiting for a few games coming out next year), and the Wii is.. well it gets old.. fast. So they play the PS3 which has not gotten old yet. We had a discussion about which system to get GTA4 on. PS3 was the agreed choice. A few of us will be sticking to PCs as well for it.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
The PS3 is totally worth it. You get free internet play, fast and reliable and its highly customizable. The PS3 upscales your old ps1-ps2 games to make them look better as wall as regular dvd movies.

BUT, only get the system if you see a game you want out for it. Its kind of pointless buying any console if you dont see a game that slighly interests you.

THe ps3 has some great games coming out this year. There will be a price cut eventually but it would be around 50-100 dollars, and thats not that much money to wait around for a year.

I wouldnt listen to a lot of the sony hate here on these forums, they dont even know what they are talking about 99% of the time. Take Sagema for example, his bias is so thick you could swim in it.

My friends that also have all 3 systems end up playing the ps3 the most. They admit their 360 is like a paper weight at the moment (they are waiting for a few games coming out next year), and the Wii is.. well it gets old.. fast. So they play the PS3 which has not gotten old yet. We had a discussion about which system to get GTA4 on. PS3 was the agreed choice. A few of us will be sticking to PCs as well for it.

Yeah and besides the PS3 is gonna get great exclusives like Metal gear Solid 4

uh oh

Thanks for all your replies, but I have decided to not purchase the ps3. the $600 price tag is just too much for me ( seeing how i get 10 bucks allowance weekly...). I just need a system with more mature content because my wii is fun, but it gets boring with the games. So maybe i'll look into a 360 or something.

paintba||er said:

Right there you are implying that the PS3 doesn't have good gameplay.

Ok.. That's nice.. What does that have to do with motion sensing controls?

zachp18 said:
Thanks for all your replies, but I have decided to not purchase the ps3. the $600 price tag is just too much for me ( seeing how i get 10 bucks allowance weekly...). I just need a system with more mature content because my wii is fun, but it gets boring with the games. So maybe i'll look into a 360 or something.

Just a heads up, you will eventually spend more than 599 on a 360. Their price tag is low because they get you to spend money in other areas to make up for it. Also lacking certain key features found in the ps3 that you can buy more more. If you plan on playing a console online, and only get 10$ a week, I would seriously reconsider either your means of income or your choice at this present time.

SamuS said:
Yeah and besides the PS3 is gonna get great exclusives like Metal gear Solid 4

uh oh

Only idiots like yourself post and believe rumors rather than facts. Your PS3 hate is so obvious that you post false rumors... its funny kid.

Here straight from the creator of the MGS Franchise.
"Moving on, I remind him of a comment he made last year comparing each of the three current consoles to "different kinds of dinner". Did he still think that was the case, now that all three are on the market? Nope. "They're more like a movie theatre metaphor", he says.

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family"."
"So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips."

No other system can handle MGS4.

See Samus, your rumor mill attack on the PS3 concering MGS4 has just been owned hardcore. Go do yourself a favor, if you cant grow up an shoot out facts, shut up. We know you bash the PS3 at every chance you get, even to the point of making up sh*t. Dont. Thats the worst case of fanboyism and its not welcome here.

Last edited:
If you dont already have a 360 theres some great ports to be playing also. Oblivion will definitly hold you over until future releases and Resistance Splinter Cell and Vegas are great if you love FPS. Lair coems out in a month or so and it looks awesome. You buying the playstation name. Which means quality. The name has the history of lasting 10 or more years. The last console lasted 7 and is still gonig well and it had the worst graphics and nobody cared, the new one has best graphics which should jsut help the console out.
The PS3 has some great games coming out and in the future games can be Massive( you know liek those 4 disc games such as shenmue ) If you Are worried about the $600 price tag think to yourself. Ok Hardware wise i either get this or the 360. but this is 600.... If you own a 360 you WILL want online and you will keep it. So in a few years you will have paid 600 for everything and you will keep paying. So which is smarter? Plus for all those litle annoyances you will probably want things like a bigger HDD and WIFI which right theres is close to 300$. PS3 also features unlimited Harddrive upgradability. the PS3 is a great choice and i enjoy mine everyday. Plus it looks like you paid $600 its simply beautiful looking!

Back