A real swords fighting?

jaguard

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2007
I've recently bought a wii. Well, it's a nice thing and all the stuff, but I'm now feal like I was cheated.
There are a lot of titles announced, but most of them are crap. The ONLY reason I've bought a wii is that I want to enjoy it's amazing new wiimote and nunchack play - I could as well go buy PS2, much cheaper itself and with much cheaper games.
No, I wanted THE REAL action, with pain in muscles and real movements.

WiiSports is fun, but it's limited. I can't run in tennis and I cannot aim there. I cannot affect the bat in baseball, and I cannot make perfect punches in boxing, though boxing is something close to what I wanted to have.

Wherever are all those amazing sports titles with real moves, thouse amazing 3rd person swords fightings games - well, not especially swords, I'm agree if it will be a lightsaber, but I MUST feel real movements.
Not a series of crappy flashes, meaning swords swings. Not a couple of preselected actions - a real 3d character with a sword, or a mace, or whatever.

Wiimote is so amazing, but I'm getting another crappy pointer game(I have a PC and a mouse, so I'm NOT impressed!), or another hit&run game, benefiting zero from wiimote, which could as well controlled with PS2 gamepad with no difference!!

You are in the same boat as alot of people, but you have to remember that the game developers on any system need time to discover the potential of any system. I'm sure a year from now the titles you are craving will be available, or in development. When I bought the PS2 (on launch date) I was pretty disappointed almost immediately, but a year down the road, the killer titles started coming out and suddenly they were using the full potential of the system.

Nobody held a gun to our head and told us to buy the Wii ASAP, and with any launch, the titles are mediocre at best (with maybe 1 or 2 stunners). I guarantee you the game developers will do everything they can to make the most out of the wii's capabilities, because graphically it's far inferior to the competitors, but the interactivity is one of a kind at this point.

It's all up to the developers - hopefully they can fulfill your wishes! Like when the DS first came out, I think it will take a little time before the developers really get the hang of the new control scheme and are able to take advantage of it to the full.

Why did you say PS2? It is last gen. You can't say that games and console are cheaper. You could have said the same thing about a gamecube and it's games. Metroid Prime is 4 dollars here at gamestop.

Yes, I do understand that it's a launch, and more and more good titles to come someday. But hey, there's no big deal to guess that wiimote is just made for swords fighting games, and since I can see none of them upcoming or released(except for crappy redsteel), it makes me think that wiimote is in fact too limited and inaccurate for this sort of games.

And I just can't wait two years before I can play a descent game. I'd better go sell wii and buy PS2 instead, I always loved tekken.
Well, zelda is nice, but not exactly this nice - it doesn't utilize wiimote for 10%.

r00ntje. I don't know - I've seen metroid demo on youtube, and it's awful. There are dozens of such games(actually, better) on a PC, and mouse is still a better pointing device.

I totally agree on the mouse being the better pointing device, probably the best that will ever be created.
But I just wanted to point out that its more fun with a real gun, and more difficult, hence again... more fun.

For instance they could have made a console that makes Link swing his sword when you push A. But instead, Nintendo makes you wave your remote now!

I play Wii Sports the same way I play those sports in real life (ok, I really suck at boxing, but thats cause of the wire between the remotes). I heard of friends playing the tennis game from a chair and just moving and turning their wrists to make swings. That ain't fun for me and gets boring fast. Might as well get back behind my pc.

But if there was a FPS game played online with PC-gamers, Wii and Xbox360 gamers, it would be a obvious win for the PCers, followed up closely by the Wii-ers.

Last edited:
r00ntje said:
I totally agree on the mouse being the better pointing device, probably the best that will ever be created.
But I just wanted to point out that its more fun with a real gun, and more difficult, hence again... more fun.

For instance they could have made a console that makes Zelda swing his sword when you push A. But instead, Nintendo makes you wave your remote now!

I play Wii Sports the same way I play those sports in real life (ok, I really suck at boxing, but thats cause of the wire between the remotes). I heard of friends playing the tennis game from a chair and just moving and turning their wrists to make swings. That ain't fun for me and gets boring fast. Might as well get back behind my pc.

But if there was a FPS game played online with PC-gamers, Wii and Xbox360 gamers, it would be a obvious win for the PCers, followed up closely by the Wii-ers.

dude, are you a n00b or something? Link...........not zelda. zelda is a princess.

Lol at my typo (what was I thinking!?), but I am glad someone showed me his warm nature in correcting me with friendly words. It shows true character.

I can't spit in your face, it will make my screen messy. Anyway, I corrected the original message, thank you.

You go ahead and make a game then.
It takes time to tweak around with the new stuff, stop complaining.

Games will never be perfect, because we will always expect more from them. Just look at the graphics development. If you would have given a Xbox360 to a kid in 1985, it would be very close to perfect for him. Just be happy with what you have got.

To the above poster: 2 Nunchuks??? but 1 wiimote? :p
I guess you're just like me waiting for the free wiimote with the sold-out Wii-play...

r00ntje said:
Games will never be perfect, because we will always expect more from them. Just look at the graphics development. If you would have given a Xbox360 to a kid in 1985, it would be very close to perfect for him. Just be happy with what you have got.

To the above poster: 2 Nunchuks??? but 1 wiimote? :p
I guess you're just like me waiting for the free wiimote with the sold-out Wii-play...

Nah, i prob wont buy wiiplay. I went up to get new Wiimote but they were sold out but had 1 nunchuk left. So i bought it just incase.

jaguard said:
I've recently bought a wii. Well, it's a nice thing and all the stuff, but I'm now feal like I was cheated.
There are a lot of titles announced, but most of them are crap. The ONLY reason I've bought a wii is that I want to enjoy it's amazing new wiimote and nunchack play - I could as well go buy PS2, much cheaper itself and with much cheaper games.
No, I wanted THE REAL action, with pain in muscles and real movements.

WiiSports is fun, but it's limited. I can't run in tennis and I cannot aim there. I cannot affect the bat in baseball, and I cannot make perfect punches in boxing, though boxing is something close to what I wanted to have.

Wherever are all those amazing sports titles with real moves, thouse amazing 3rd person swords fightings games - well, not especially swords, I'm agree if it will be a lightsaber, but I MUST feel real movements.
Not a series of crappy flashes, meaning swords swings. Not a couple of preselected actions - a real 3d character with a sword, or a mace, or whatever.

Wiimote is so amazing, but I'm getting another crappy pointer game(I have a PC and a mouse, so I'm NOT impressed!), or another hit&run game, benefiting zero from wiimote, which could as well controlled with PS2 gamepad with no difference!!

And also, to the part about "using bats and stuff" the wiimote simulates that, i dont think nintendo wants to produce a different controller for each thing, and i dont think WE want to spend the extra money on it.

And about not having bat (and other games) aim control, you do have control if you ever played the games. You have to TIME your hit to get it to aim, not smash wildly.

And Stop complaining bout Wiisports, it was a EXAMPLE game of the things the Wii can do. This was in no means a 'serious' game.

Last edited:
Back