A real swords fighting?

if u havent bought zelda, then do it

then again, w8 for other games, a lots of high class games are coming for ur wii , trust me

NecroDemonNZXT said:
if u havent bought zelda, then do it
then again, w8 for other games, a lots of high class games are coming for ur wii , trust me
I'm not really interested in zelda right now. It's a cool game, but it's a single player. If it had real swords, I would buy it anyway, but not as it is.

As for other games. It's just what I've mainly made this topic - for someone to tell me something like this. Can you give me a link to the upcoming games, which are of these "high class"?
It's just that I've searched a web, and found nothing really impressive. I'm not impressed with the new sonic or a mario galaxy - they are simple runners and don't need any wiimotes actually. I'm not impressed with Pokemons, since they are absolutely useless for wiimote kind of gameplay.

PtonJalken
And about not having bat (and other games) aim control, you do have control if you ever played the games. You have to TIME your hit to get it to aim, not smash wildly.
Yea, right. Timing, and that's about it. Something new, right? I just can't tell how much games there were where you press button X, wait for color bar to go, and then press it again to swing, shot, hit, or whatever.
A GREAT PROGRESS, that you must now wave your hand instead, but it's not that impressive after a few days. And now, 2 weeks after I've bought my wiii, it got boring.

..There's minimal amount of sword fighting in Red Steel. :yikes: on a side note, the game is extremely short and repetitively boring.. BUT it is a GREAT example of how the Nintendo's use of the Wii is coming about. Besides, I'm addicted to Wii Sports and soon Wii Play (I'm sure) so I'm fine for now. I can see all but good things for the future of the Wii. Once developers fine tune their skills on the Wii, we're in for fun times. Star Wars games should be interesting. I'm not a fan of past star wars games.. with the exception of a few, but lightsaber fights should be cool. :nono:

jaguard said:
I'm not really interested in zelda right now. It's a cool game, but it's a single player. If it had real swords, I would buy it anyway, but not as it is.

As for other games. It's just what I've mainly made this topic - for someone to tell me something like this. Can you give me a link to the upcoming games, which are of these "high class"?
It's just that I've searched a web, and found nothing really impressive. I'm not impressed with the new sonic or a mario galaxy - they are simple runners and don't need any wiimotes actually. I'm not impressed with Pokemons, since they are absolutely useless for wiimote kind of gameplay.

PtonJalken

Yea, right. Timing, and that's about it. Something new, right? I just can't tell how much games there were where you press button X, wait for color bar to go, and then press it again to swing, shot, hit, or whatever.
A GREAT PROGRESS, that you must now wave your hand instead, but it's not that impressive after a few days. And now, 2 weeks after I've bought my wiii, it got boring.
THE GUY THAT WROTE THE QUOTE MUST READ THIS
what everyone was saying in a nice was is whats your problem, do u need help. , whats your problem, im serious, go to a doctor and tell him your going to not buy zelda, you need a surgery to fix that brain, not buy zelda, whats your problem:eek:ut: . I dont care if im mean. I could kill you but im sparing your life, you get a year to live and if u dont get zelda ill kill u. your sad, and dont say im being mean or im spamming or anything because this is facts. ok so ya thats right go and report me and whatever you want but i will kill u in a year if u dont buy zelda. dont :sad: because as a nice person, i desided to spare your life. so ill say it in a nice way this time:
Get zelda its good:thumbsup:
ok so u like those reviews before the game then here:
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/thelegendofzelda/review.html
http://cube.ign.com/objects/572/572738.html
http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/legend-of-zelda-wii/745573p1.html
and if your still not satisfied then remember that ill kill u so buy it
and yes, yesterday was cocaine night:thumbsup:

The problem with making games that require too much activity is that you limit the audience, because many people want games they can sit down and play for hours - I'm in good shape and couldn't play a game that required you to go balls-out for 6 hours, couch potatoes wouldn't even try it.

jaguard said:
I've recently bought a wii. Well, it's a nice thing and all the stuff, but I'm now feal like I was cheated.
There are a lot of titles announced, but most of them are crap. The ONLY reason I've bought a wii is that I want to enjoy it's amazing new wiimote and nunchack play - I could as well go buy PS2, much cheaper itself and with much cheaper games.
No, I wanted THE REAL action, with pain in muscles and real movements.

WiiSports is fun, but it's limited. I can't run in tennis and I cannot aim there. I cannot affect the bat in baseball, and I cannot make perfect punches in boxing, though boxing is something close to what I wanted to have.

Wherever are all those amazing sports titles with real moves, thouse amazing 3rd person swords fightings games - well, not especially swords, I'm agree if it will be a lightsaber, but I MUST feel real movements.
Not a series of crappy flashes, meaning swords swings. Not a couple of preselected actions - a real 3d character with a sword, or a mace, or whatever.

Wiimote is so amazing, but I'm getting another crappy pointer game(I have a PC and a mouse, so I'm NOT impressed!), or another hit&run game, benefiting zero from wiimote, which could as well controlled with PS2 gamepad with no difference!!

Watch god father video for the wii, than come back and cry. You wonder why your getting flamed? go buy a ps2 ROFL.

jaguard said:
WiiSports is fun, but it's limited. I can't run in tennis and I cannot aim there. I cannot affect the bat in baseball, and I cannot make perfect punches in boxing, though boxing is something close to what I wanted to have.

Not flaming but...do you know how hard it would be to make the game that much involved? First of all, not everyone lives in a giant house to where they can "run" for a tennis ball. Yes, you can aim in tennis. It's call swinging early to get more pull on the ball or swinging later.

In baseball, have you ever seen a girl play that sport? Take my wife for example...she has that, "you swing like a girl" and "you throw like girl" effect. How do you emulate that?? lol

Same goes with boxing. My wife again punches like a retard! So you have to have some lenincy.

ImageFX said:
Not flaming but...do you know how hard it would be to make the game that much involved? First of all, not everyone lives in a giant house to where they can "run" for a tennis ball. Yes, you can aim in tennis. It's call swinging early to get more pull on the ball or swinging later.
This in not AIMING, it's called TIMING. I want real aiming.

In baseball, have you ever seen a girl play that sport? Take my wife for example...she has that, "you swing like a girl" and "you throw like girl" effect. How do you emulate that?? lol
Not only I haven't ever seen this, I'm also never played it myself :). Not actually a popular game in our country :).

But I don't get it. Do you mean that every game should be so easy that every girl in a world could play it just fine?
Well, allright, some will enjoy wiisports forever, but I want more challenge, better gameplay, more realistic phisics.

My point is that the realistic physics is someone that can't be done. What your asking for is a device that scans the room your in and then emulates every move the person in front of the tv does (atleast that's what it sounds like). The wii is just mimicing your wii remote. Remember, this is nintendo's first go at this type of gaming. As more people play, more feedback will come, more improvements will come.

ImageFX said:
My point is that the realistic physics is someone that can't be done.
What your asking for is a device that scans the room your in and then emulates every move the person in front of the tv does (atleast that's what it sounds like).

I didn't mean THIS realistic. Correct reading of bat's angle/position and running with a nunchuck would be enough.
Plus controllable ball's spin, high-poligon models with IK/Mocap and all such effects.

I think that once they make a starwars lightsaber game or something that the wii will realy start making money. I dont think it would be as good with a sword and sheild because with a sword you dont have the same like endless fight feel. Everyone just hang in there the games will get better. Remember that brawl and galxy are likely to come out this year.

Last edited:
jaguard said:
I didn't mean THIS realistic. Correct reading of bat's angle/position and running with a nunchuck would be enough.
Plus controllable ball's spin, high-poligon models with IK/Mocap and all such effects.

I can't complain. Like i said, it's Nintendo's first time with something like this. I'm very satisfied with what it can do. Now with it out on the market, there is only room for improvement with feedback from customers. Give it time and you will probably get a lot of what you are asking for in the future.

ImageFX
Well, I hope so(as there's nothing else to do anyway). I really hope that 3.5 Billion units sold in just a few weeks means something, and devs will find the best uses of wii accelerometers someday. What really takes me down is that I just can't wait! :).

Back