a reply from nintendo about vc

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I emailed Ninty asking 'em if they could release Rygar, Cabal and doom for vc and this is what i said
Hello,

Thank you for the e-mail.It's great to hear from the many fans excited
about the possibilities presented by the Virtual Console! So many of
you have contacted Nintendo regarding the games you would love to see
added. While we appreciate your excitement and support, decisions
regarding which games will be made available come from several different
companies and are influenced by a variety of factors apart from consumer
suggestions.

lol8vk4.jpg

The responce has a kinda auto responce to it

Mmm Rygar. Fun game, but ridiculously easy to beat.

I wonder what the new Rygar for the Wii will be like.

So there's more important factors to VC games than what the consumer wants? This explains the constant flow of turd we have been getting for VC games. I can just picture their meetings:

"So we have to put out more games for next week. Any ideas?"

"How about Battletoads?"

"Umm, no people might actually download Battletoads. We have to release games that no one will buy."

"Oh, in that case, how about another golf game? We have tons of those and no one's buying them ..."

"Brilliant! Lets take that and another couple shitty T-16 games and call it a week!"

skidmarx said:
So there's more important factors to VC games than what the consumer wants? This explains the constant flow of turd we have been getting for VC games. I can just picture their meetings:

"How about Battletoads?"

"Umm, no people might actually download Battletoads. We have to release games that no one will buy."

"Oh, in that case, how about another golf game? We have tons of those and no one's buying them ..."

"Brilliant! Lets take that and another couple shitty T-16 games and call it a week!"

Now that to funny ha. Yeah Rygar was so easy but very fun, the music was great in my opinion. i got to the end boss of the game and gave up, i so wonder whats the wii version will be like too.

skidmarx said:
"How about Battletoads?"

No chance of the toads on a Nintendo console
Made by rare

skidmarx said:

"How about Battletoads?"

"Here's an idea! Lets release all of our good games as soon as possible and for the next 5 years just release crappy ones!"

Stop complaining...seriously.

I think I heard the robot clanking sounds in the background when I read the reply. Nice try though.

dakuda said:
Something called licensing would be a larger priority than what the consumer wants. If Nintendo does not have the rights to release a game, they cannot do so. It does not matter what people want in that case.
This is an important factor most people don't think about. Nintendo didn't make all those games. Some are 25 years old now and were made by companies that simply do not exist anymore. Sorting out who the official license owner is now can be a daunting, next to impossible task. Even then, there's no promise that the current legal owner of the property will agree to whatever terms Nintendo offers.

bullshiteob8.gif

I enjoyed Home Allone
It falls under the same part as Spiderman 2 in trems of licened games (ie good but not to good)
I think you where thinkin of home improvment
That falls into the ET braket of licenced games
(Ie total and complete shite)

Cpt.McCloud said:
"Here's an idea! Lets release all of our good games as soon as possible and for the next 5 years just release crappy ones!"

Stop complaining...seriously.

no! I have a better idea! Lets give everyone all of our bad games, so for the next five years, we will get one good game a year! That sounds way better. Thats what they advertised right? We can "tap into a classic gaming library" of only bad games.

Do you hang out on DIY websites, telling people not to complain about General Electric when the say their stove isnt working? "Guys, stop complaining seriously, General Electric is the greatest company on earth and can do no harm".

The only VC news is bad news....so thats what people are talking about right now. Deal with it.

I haven't paid for a single VC game. I got my Wii to play Wii games. I got my fill of playing the older games back when they were current, on their native consoles.

But I have no problem with people who love VC games. My friend who introduced me to the Wii has a ton.

Back