A theory on 8 player smash

samXcor3

the best kid!
Oct 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
3732-3369-2853-4491
Although they may not have revealed this in the E for All demos, one way of checking would be cycling through the costume choices. obviously if there are 8 different costumes for each character, you will be able to play 8 player multiplayer. BUT, i do not think that just because there are 4 costumes you CAN'T do 8 players, because maybe they are hiding the others or something.

Did anyone go to e for all and check on this?

Super Street Fighter 2 had what 6 different costume types and only 2 players. A SNES game. Maybe people are over thinking it. 8 player SSBB isn't possible with the current stage designs. Perhaps 4 players in observer mode and 4 in combat. That would reduce the odds of losing a few players from lag and having blank spots.

It's a 1-4 player game but they might make it a 1-8 player game. but not 1-16 anymore because they found out it'll make it freeze to often

8 player matches would be unbelieveably awesome, but personally I don't think it will happen. I agree with other people's points of the graphics/frame rate etc would just take too much of a beating. Unless the creators have another secret up their sleeve! But unfortunately I doubt it.

8 players would be a bad idea because the corses arent big enough 8 players would over croud the screen

it would be a great idea because it would be mayhem and that's what smash means mayhem!!!!

Actually SSBM was originally made for 6 players.

If you have an Action Replay Device, you can actually play 6 player mode. (obviously 2 of them will be computer controlled)

i think 6 is better than 8

and 4 is already to much peaple on these Tiny stages anyway

so i vote 6 ^_^

Back