A USB Lan adapter question

JTMMouse

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2007
Thailand
Does it have to be a Nintendo branded one? I just picked up a no-name one here since I doubt I am going find a real one here in Chiang Mai... Anyways I am having trouble connecting and wonder if it is due to it being a non Nintendo brand adapter.

Ahh! I don't think Nintendo has a brand. But there is a wireless USB Connector that Nintendo has a brand on.. and I have that one. It works if you have Windows XP though. (I use my dad's computer, because mine is Vista). Have you read the pamphlet that they gave you?

Well the one I bought is just your average no name usb to lan adapter. And I believe you are right, there is a non Nintendo brand adapter but they seem to have an in with Nintendo.

I live in Thailand, I don't exactly have the greatest selection to choose from haha. And I got the adapter because it was cheaper than the crappy wireless router selection they have here (a decent router is a good amount of money, Thailand taxes the hell out of luxury items like electronics) and I couldn't justify getting a router for just the wii, since I really don't like wireless and perfer to have a wired connection.

Well, I'm from America but I have been living in Thailand for the last two years.

Yeah, I should probably read it, lazy me :/
Probably due to the fact that there are no drivers on the Wii for what I have.

Back