A wii bit expensive

thisisgil said:
@ICS:

Not trying to be rude here, but surely if someone buys the Wii to be backwards compatible, then they'll already have every GC accessory they need? I have like 3 controllers, 2 wavebirds, 4 memory cards, 2 Donkey Konga Bongo sets and other assorted crap lying around - why would you buy brand new things when you can just re-use what you already have?

Granted, someone new to GC would face the added expense of having to buy GC accessories for their Wii, but if they really wanted to play GC games *that* badly (and let's remember, there won't be many more GC titles anounced...) why not just pick up a really cheap pre-owned GC and accessories?

There are some games that I want for the wii but there are no plans to make them yet. example Hockey. But the gamecube has it so I though I would just play it until a wii hockey game comes out.

Its kinda funny you are bitching about getting yourself a new video game system and having to spend money on it. I mean it is your choice to spend the money and hey if you are unsatisfied with the price of the Wii then perhaps you should have just bought your precious xbox360. Most people here are here to talk about how much they love thier Wii or how the games are not really to ***** about spending money on one. Sure there are alot of accessory purchases but if you didnt like the idea of it maybe you should have done some research before you dropped your wad(second wad joke on the board). You are not really going to get much sympathy from anyone on here, so it would be best to complain to the xbox360 crowd.

Well, add the extended warranty to the 360 ($30 I believe it is), and trust me you WILL NEED it. :)

dude you gotta relax lol....you're purposely trying to make them the same price....it isn't about the money that we bought the Wii..We actually LIKE it and it isn't my second choice to the XBox 360 and I only got it because it was less...I prefer the Wii. You can nickle and dime anything like that if you try hard enough

Hey everyone,

I not saying I don't like the wii. I actually really like it but I just did not research it enough. I am now finding it costs allot to use it at it's full capibility. My point is for anyone pricing out what system to buy they should be aware of what I said and take into consideration other systems that have most of what you need bundled with it. That is all.

My parents paid 249.99 for the Wii witch isen't bad seeing that the PS3 is 499.99 and thats the cheap one the other one 599.99! and I think 29.99 or 39.99 for an extra Wii controller and 39.99 or 49.99 for Excite Truck. Thats all I really need for now...can't get it till xmas :(!

my launch day bill at best buy was $445 CDN and I didn't even get any games, just the Wii, extra remote, extra nunchuck and a couple of sd cards ... although i already had wireless internet at home and we have a plethora of GC controllers including wavebirds, donkey konga drums and DDR dancepads ... so I guess we were kinda setup for the most part already. i think its worth the money, i started using the wii-mail today, pretty cool.

Is the Wii any good because I have never played one but I have one :mad: read sig...

considering the fact that you don't NEED gamecube controllers, and the component cable is also not mandatory, it seems pretty silly to use them in the comparison. Especially when you are comparing Wii to a system that has been out for a year.

and a couple of sd cards

which alone probably cost between $50-$100

Last edited:
Reaper3000GT said:
Is the Wii any good because I have never played one but I have one :mad:

lol yes ... bust it out in the middle of the night and try it out, then put it all back .. this is what all us old people did when we were kids.

dude. everyone in here is so angry!!! GRAAHHHH!!!!!! In my opinion, you should by two wii controllers. If you are going to play multi player, you should play with nintendo fans. Some of your friends are BOUND to have their own controllers. and if they dont.... then they are just mooching oof of you for your nintendo. You should cut them off or make them pay to play.... muahahahhahaa

I feel for you kids waiting until Christmas. I went throught the same thing when the original Game Boy came out. Well, even know I had to strike a deal and give my wife her iPod early so I could buy a Wii. ;)

The Wii is still cheaper than the XBox360 any way you look at it, but they are close enough that you should just get the one you prefer.

My friends have their own controllers. That's why I stopped buying more than 1 controller past the N64.

And remember....A LOT of people who get the Wii have played Nintendo before and might have GC controller and memory cards already....

no matter how u look at it the wii is cheaper, i mean...im getting a wii,zelda,madden, and call of duty 3 and that cost 400 dollars which is the same price as the 360 alone, and I'd much rather have an innovative console and 3 games then a console with good graphics and 1 or 2 games and have to pay for online play.....but hey what do i know.:thumbsup:

Back