A wii rant review

Bubbagump

Still Here
Dec 1, 2006
Wii Online Code
6805-9706-8131-1123
Befor you read, yes this is a wii rant. (i cant remember if there was a specific forum for these things but i couldnt find one)

Wow nintendo great job with the wii...:sick:

Ok when i fist got it i got zelda too, great game and it got me even more exited for the wii. So then wario ware smooth moves came out. Ouch, what a horrible game, i beat it in an hour and a waste of $50. But i still have some hope in the wii, after call of duty 3. Didnt play much after that for a while, elebits looked dumb. Never got a chance to play wii play but a couple of my friends said it wasnt what you think. Then i play mario party 8, decent at least but could realy get friends over to play. Now im waiting for some online action, batalion wars 2 comes out, i rent it, i try it, online play sucked, missions were ok. Havnt tried mario galaxy yet but its just expensive to spend $8 to rent. And then like everyone else, i get dissapointed about brawls moved launch date. But my main point here, im officialy dissapointed at nintendo. Maybe im speaking to early, maybe i havnt tried certain games that will change my mind,or maybe im just wrong. But for the moment if ssbb doesnt cheer me up, then im selling my wii to get and xbox 360. i mean look at it awesome online play, awesome games, LAN, ect. If you think im wrong tell me why maybe i am, maybe theres somthing im not looking at. Thanks for your help if so.

P.S. are there any other games out that have online play?

P.S.

Bubbagump said:
Befor you read, yes this is a wii rant. (i cant remember if there was a specific forum for these things but i couldnt find one)

Wow nintendo great job with the wii...:sick:

Ok when i fist got it i got zelda too, great game and it got me even more exited for the wii. So then wario ware smooth moves came out. Ouch, what a horrible game, i beat it in an hour and a waste of $50. But i still have some hope in the wii, after call of duty 3. Didnt play much after that for a while, elebits looked dumb. Never got a chance to play wii play but a couple of my friends said it wasnt what you think. Then i play mario party 8, decent at least but could realy get friends over to play. Now im waiting for some online action, batalion wars 2 comes out, i rent it, i try it, online play sucked, missions were ok. Havnt tried mario galaxy yet but its just expensive to spend $8 to rent. And then like everyone else, i get dissapointed about brawls moved launch date. But my main point here, im officialy dissapointed at nintendo. Maybe im speaking to early, maybe i havnt tried certain games that will change my mind,or maybe im just wrong. But for the moment if ssbb doesnt cheer me up, then im selling my wii to get and xbox 360. i mean look at it awesome online play, awesome games, LAN, ect. If you think im wrong tell me why maybe i am, maybe theres somthing im not looking at. Thanks for your help if so.

P.S. are there any other games out that have online play?

P.S.

for online play id try (in order): 1. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 2. Mario Strikers Charged (havent tried it yet but heard good things) 3. Madden 2008 (if u like madden) 4. Guitar Hero 3

for other good games id try (in order) 1. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 2. Zak and Wiki (heard good things) 3. Super Mario Galaxy (i mean it IS the best rated game of all time, lol) 4. Whatever else you want? Just look around

Um, first of all, buy Galaxy. Oh, and Metroid. You should probably also give Zack and Wiki a chance. You should definitely own some variation of Guitar Hero 3.(Unless you're not a fan) Then go and buy MoH for you're online needs. Then try umbrella chronicles.

Alright, do that? Now we can talk.

P.S. Oh, and if it is a financial issue, then you have no reason to be upset. That's not Nintendo's fault.

Last edited:
it surprises me that you only played the crap games (cept battalion and zelda)

you should rent strikers or medal of honor for online, and also get galaxy at the very least.

why do people say xbox has soo many good games? if i had 360 i would get : nhl 08 , maybe halo 3, orange box, mass effect, and that blue dragon game or whatever. i dont see what the big draw is compard to wii.

Hey try Super mario galaxy its cool but my first real game was dbz t2 but get brawl with no doubt oh and everyone call me RJ

samXcor3 said:
it surprises me that you only played the crap games (cept battalion and zelda)

you should rent strikers or medal of honor for online, and also get galaxy at the very least.

why do people say xbox has soo many good games? if i had 360 i would get : nhl 08 , maybe halo 3, orange box, mass effect, and that blue dragon game or whatever. i dont see what the big draw is compard to wii.

I'm a Wii60 owner......and in all honesty, the Wii, except for a morning workout with sports, doen't get used......

If haven't experienced online with the 360, you are not living( or gaming, for that matter). COD 4 is unreal...HALO3 goes without saying....there are a TON of good games for the 360, with online, LIVE chat, unreal grahics, Downloadable content( something everyone forgets about), webcam,......

not to mention BIOSHOCK, the box..forza 2....GTA coming....

not saying Wii is bad...but look at the ratings on IGN,,there are only 2 or 3 gmes in the 9 catergory......the rest are just OK...

Wii may be a party system, but 360 online makes gaming a SOCIAL system.....

fastharry said:
I'm a Wii60 owner......and in all honesty, the Wii, except for a morning workout with sports, doen't get used......

If haven't experienced online with the 360, you are not living( or gaming, for that matter). COD 4 is unreal...HALO3 goes without saying....there are a TON of good games for the 360, with online, LIVE chat, unreal grahics, Downloadable content( something everyone forgets about), webcam,......

not to mention BIOSHOCK, the box..forza 2....GTA coming....

not saying Wii is bad...but look at the ratings on IGN,,there are only 2 or 3 gmes in the 9 catergory......the rest are just OK...

Wii may be a party system, but 360 online makes gaming a SOCIAL system.....
i see what your saying and i dont own a 360(considering getting one) i do own a wii however and i love it and i think its all in your opinion tho, usually when i wanna get my shooter on i use my pc cause i prefer the controls

Medal Of Honor Online is sick!!

And then we have Brawl And Mario Kart Online as well.
Plus other great games coming.

Red Steel may interest you as well, I'd give that a play through, and try not to listen to everything your friends say.

CantGetAWii said:

Since when?

Well notice how I said other great games coming under the first part.
Hinting that those games were on their way.
Next time I'll try to be a bit clearer for you.

Oh and, Mario Kart is out in January and Brawl in February.
Just didn't want to leave out any info this time, in case you wondered again.

Fine ill try some of the games posted above. I hope they satisfy my online needs. =P

CantGetAWii said:

Red Steel may interest you as well, I'd give that a play through, and try not to listen to everything your friends say.

don't get medal of honor heroes, its not that great at all. first off, my roommate buys it when we got our wii because the box says it has multiplayer capabilities up to 4 people. nope. turns out its a typo.

the campaign is pretty sweet, but the online multiplayer isnt great because it changes the way the game is supposed to be played. in the campaign you have to sneak around, hide behind cover and pick your spots to shoot (especially on the higher difficulty levels) but in multiplayer everyone just runs around shooting frantically. maybe i was unfortunate enough to join lots of games with crappy players but in my experience, the online is lame.

Back