AAAGGH! You have it! Just sell me it!

Nookslave

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
I called Best Buy to ask if they are going to be selling SMG tomorrow, but he said that they have it in stock, but legally arn't allowed to sell it until Tuesday. I told him that the release date was monday and asked if it was because monday was a veteran's day. He said he didn't think so.

WHAT?! They HAVE the game in the back, but they arn't selling it on the release date? How stupid is that? I invited some friends to stay the night tonight so we could pick SMG up in the morning and play it all day tomorrow. Guess that's out the window.

Why wouldn't they sell it tomorrow if they have it? I'd think that since most of all the other stores are selling it Tuesday and after, Best Buy would WANT to be the first to sell it;wouldn't you? Why would they not sell it?

That's a bummer dude. My Future Shop location is refusing to sell it until the 13th-14th as well. It's irritable but defiantly worth the wait.

Best of luck getting it on the release date though :)

Warrior,that's not my question; WHY arn't they allowed to? The release date is tomorrow. What is stopping them from selling it?

Nookslave said:
Warrior,that's not my question; WHY arn't they allowed to? The release date is tomorrow. What is stopping them from selling it?

Because if they want to continue to sell Nintendo products they will follow Nintendo's rules. Nintendo obviously wants their product on sale on a certain day. Not the day before, not the day that Nintendo is releasing boxes for shipping. As far as I can tell, ONLY the Nintendo store will actually be selling Galaxy tomorrow, everyone else has to wait until the following day. The producer of an item gets to decide all the rules for retailers to follow. If the retailers do not wish to follow Nontendo's rules, then Nintendo can (and will) refuse to fill orders for that retailer.

Nintendo did Best Buy a favor and shipped them games before the official ship date. How many favors do you think Nintendo would do if Best Buy just started selling their product whenever they feel like it?

Maleko said:
Because if they want to continue to sell Nintendo products they will follow Nintendo's rules. Nintendo obviously wants their product on sale on a certain day. Not the day before, not the day that Nintendo is releasing boxes for shipping. As far as I can tell, ONLY the Nintendo store will actually be selling Galaxy tomorrow, everyone else has to wait until the following day. The producer of an item gets to decide all the rules for retailers to follow. If the retailers do not wish to follow Nontendo's rules, then Nintendo can (and will) refuse to fill orders for that retailer.

Nintendo did Best Buy a favor and shipped them games before the official ship date. How many favors do you think Nintendo would do if Best Buy just started selling their product whenever they feel like it?

Yeah, that's called false advertising pal. The 12th is the RELEASE Date Nintendo said, not the SHIPPING Date. If Nintendo advertises that the game will be released on the 12th, they should allow them to be sold on that date, the date which everyone expects to get it on.

Nookslave said:
Yeah, that's called false advertising pal.

Who's [false] advertising? The retail channel where you can actually purchase it is saying the 13th - as a consumer that's the only date that matters.

Nookslave said:
Yeah, that's called false advertising pal. The 12th is the RELEASE Date Nintendo said, not the SHIPPING Date. If Nintendo advertises that the game will be released on the 12th, they should allow them to be sold on that date, the date which everyone expects to get it on.

actually, they changed the date to the 14th.....at least that's what i've seen on flyers(fliers?) from eb games and best buy, so best buy aren't false advertising...

mushroomedmario said:
actually, they changed the date to the 14th.....at least that's what i've seen on flyers(fliers?) from eb games and best buy, so best buy aren't false advertising...

Really? Because on Nintendo.com and Wii.com, the date is still the 12th,so nintendo didnt change it.

yeah but did they advertise that it is availible in stores on november 12? or that it is released on november 12th.....two different things, stores are advertising november 14th, and that's the date you should go by

who cares its all in the same week ,and youll get to play it soon enough. Just be glad it wasnt delayed like smash ,and quit your whining ...damn

Maleko said:

haha didnt best buy do that?

i just called gamestop and they said it comes out on tuesday....o_0

samXcor3 said:
i just called gamestop and they said it comes out on tuesday....o_0

-Sigh-

I've only stated this in 20 different topics to pretty much the same users. The game will not be released until the 13th. If it's advertised as the 12th, chances are that they made a printing error or the date was pushed back a day.

Aren't games always usually released on a Tuesday in America? I'm not surprised the release date is looking to be the 13th now. Europeans always get games on Fridays, which is why I'm confident I'll have it the morning of the 16th.

Back