Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, yes. I believe in evolution. We just shouldn't eradicate the laws saying murder is wrong just to resort to being like animals. It's barbaric.

I never said anything about eradicating the laws to make murder a legal and acceptable practice. All I'm saying is that humans have been killing themselves for ages.

I never said anything about eradicating the laws to make murder a legal and acceptable practice. All I'm saying is that humans have been killing themselves for ages.

yea, i know. I'm agreeing with you about humans killing each other for ages. I'm not saying make murder legal either.

Yess, I know this. I support abortion and believe religion shouldn't affect a decision to abort.

If we took away laws, then yes, we'd all die horrible deaths.

Yess, I know this. I support abortion and believe religion shouldn't affect a decision to abort.

You make it sound like the banishment of laws would bring on the apocalypse.

Man does not need laws nor leaders, man just needs common sense.. but unfortunately everyone doesn't have common sense. Regardless, while there are some ruthlessly insane people in this world that will do anything, removing laws would not immediately turn all of mankind back to club swinging killers.

Course.. we all kill each other with laws anyway (including over silly things), so wouldn't be much of a big difference.

yea, if we took away the laws, then you will see "civilized" people become animals and do whatever they have to do to survife. This world would be so much better if they got rid of religion. Religion just messes with peoples mind and feelings. I see alot of "cathlics" who commit alot of sins. Its okay for a priest to rape a kid, but no we can't let parents get rid of there baby that they dont want and would probably abuse anyway! only holy rollers would disagree with it! Did you ever see that horror movie Carrie by Stephen King. Remember Carrie's psycho holy roller Mom. Thats what im talking about.

yea, if we took away the laws, then you will see "civilized" people become animals and do whatever they have to do to survife. This world would be so much better if they got rid of religion. Religion just messes with peoples mind and feelings. I see alot of "cathlics" who commit alot of sins. Its okay for a priest to rape a kid, but no we can't let parents get rid of there baby that they dont want and would probably abuse anyway! only holy rollers would disagree with it! Did you ever see that horror movie Carrie by Stephen King. Remember Carrie's psycho holy roller Mom. Thats what im talking about.

Everyone makes sins. Catholics have a fricking booth for people to confess their sins. We are put here to understand what sin is. Catholicism, forgiveness, ring a bell?

There's like 1/219874937858764548678476 chance that there has been a priest rape a girl, and then got her pregnant. They would most definitely go to hell. There's no rule stating that "if you're a priest, you're heaven a go-go."

. Would you rather have a baby growing up to losers for parents? Answere that question. I rather see a baby die then get fu!@#$% abused by moron parents. You got to open your mind. Its not murder either. its okay to kill in war and kill people on death row, but dont let the parents get rid of the baby. Its a way of life get over it.

First, would you please start combining some sentences? The choppiness is messing with my mind.

Second, an answer to your question, no. There's that mystical third option that doesn't seem to exist to anyone: adoption. :idea: The baby gets raised in a loving and stable home. Killing a baby instead of watching it be abused? Why is murder okay, but abusing isn't? Under your theory, the parents can do to their child whatever they please. Where do you get your sense of right and wrong from if you're just an animal? It shouldn't matter to you if the parents hit or slap or rape their children at all.

Third...a way of life? Because you're obviously in the vast majority...

Oh, and most people are on death row because they killed someone. :tard:

Oh, please. Humans have been killing each other for ages now. That, and not every single person shares the same view on death and murder. For some, it becomes an obsession. Also, there have been various known cannibalistic tribes.

Not everyone here believes in God and or shares the same religious view as you. Some prefer to look at evolution as to the reason of our existence.

Just because humans kill eachother means every instance of it is somehow justified? It looks as if you're trying to fight for the fact that humanity as a whole isn't civilised at all.

The fact that we're debating on computers, over the internet, using written words instead of stabbing you in the face pretty much proves that wrong.

I hope you're not as crazy as above quotee who doesn't mind if I murder you.

You make it sound like the banishment of laws would bring on the apocalypse.

Man does not need laws nor leaders, man just needs common sense.. but unfortunately everyone doesn't have common sense. Regardless, while there are some ruthlessly insane people in this world that will do anything, removing laws would not immediately turn all of mankind back to club swinging killers.

Course.. we all kill each other with laws anyway (including over silly things), so wouldn't be much of a big difference.

Haha, love how you say that the absence of laws wouldn't bring on a social downfall, yet right after you say that "unfortunately everyone doesn't have common sense." Laws are there for those people.

Seeing who thinks humans are generally civil and those who think we are generally evil is interesting.

Uhm...how can you agree with him if he's arguing something opposite of you?

It's impossible to get rid of religion, considering every person has one. Catholics has an o in it as well.

You misunderstand religion at its very core. I'll say I'm Christian, and speak from that viewpoint. I don't think I'm better than everyone else because I'm Christian. Being Christian doesn't mean you sin any less than anyone else. Becoming one isn't going to make you sin less. It just means that you realize that you do sin, a lot, and that you are truly sorry for them, and you are forgiven.

...As for the priests raping kids being okay comment... That's just wrong.

"Holy rollers", as you put it, aren't the only ones who disagree with abortion, especially on the scale that you propose.

One final thing, why do you assume that every child ever born is going to get abused? Do you have a personal issue with it?

I'd advise you get a more realistic outlook on humanity.

Now see, there you go again.. Remember the last few times you said that? It's not true. General beliefs & Religion are not the same thing.

Fine, go with your definition.

We get rid of any saying of "God" anywhere and evolution is the perfect theory of everything.

I don't see murders suddenly stopping or crime rates free-falling.

Holocaust was evolution related. A direct dependence on science only belittles our accomplishments and trivializes everything.

Holocaust was evolution related. A direct dependence on science only belittles our accomplishments and trivializes everything.
How do you figure the holocaust was evolution related?

And how does science belittle our accomplishments and trivialize everything?

Fine, go with your definition.

We get rid of any saying of "God" anywhere and evolution is the perfect theory of everything.

I don't see murders suddenly stopping or crime rates free-falling.

Of course not, I don't remember saying all crimes were in the name of God or were related to religion.

Brawny said:

Based on how they've evolved, I get that, but how so for Science belittling our accomplishments?

The Holocaust had nothing to do with evolution. It was about a bunch of anti-semites abusing and misapplying a good theory to justify their warped views about their so called "master race".

And why is relying on science a bad thing? I don't see it as trivial or belittling. On the contrary, humanity would be where it is today without science.

How do you figure the holocaust was evolution related?

And how does science belittle our accomplishments and trivialize everything?

Of course not, I don't remember saying all crimes were in the name of God or were related to religion.

Based on how they've evolved, I get that, but how so for Science belittling our accomplishments?

The Holocaust had nothing to do with evolution. It was about a bunch of anti-semites abusing and misapplying a good theory to justify their warped views about their so called "master race".

And why is relying on science a bad thing? I don't see it as trivial or belittling. On the contrary, humanity would be where it is today without science.

My comments really have to be taken alongside what wiipsycho is arguing.

That we are evolved from animals, so we are animals, and thus we should just do away with morality all together. Thinking in this manner is what belittles everything we've accomplished above even the smartest chimpanzee.

And Kyle, I didn't say the belief in evolution caused the holocaust (I do follow it, myself afterall), the holocaust used it, as you said.

I'm a scientician, of course I see the goodness of it. I need my engineers quote back...

My comments really have to be taken alongside what wiipsycho is arguing.

That we are evolved from animals, so we are animals, and thus we should just do away with morality all together.
That isn't atheism. That's nihilism. Atheism doesn't say that we should do away with laws and such, they help to structure society (when done properly).

Thinking in this manner is what belittles everything we've accomplished above even the smartest chimpanzee.
How so? Morality isn't the only difference we have with animals. There's a lot of intellectual thought that is valuable too, including science.

And Kyle, I didn't say the belief in evolution caused the holocaust (I do follow it, myself afterall), the holocaust used it, as you said.
Evolution is natural. Eugenics is articificial.

I'm a scientician, of course I see the goodness of it. I need my engineers quote back...
Good to see people who don't try to call science a hoax. Really annoys me when people try to say stuff like the Peppered Moth stuff was faked, that Darwin confessed to evolution being bogus on his death bed and or taking Darwin out of context with him saying it's hard to believe the eye could understand (a blatant deception as straight afterwards, he noted that it's completely possible and plausable and went on to say how exactly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back