Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if that other 10% happens to hold the key to curing cancer or something?
Isn't the whole reason fetus cells are good is because they are ready to grow new things and you get a whole baby worth of them at a time? If I'm wrong okay but if not then I don't see how adult cells could do that... only makes sense if its from a fetus.

Stem cells can grow into whatever they are prompted to grow into (in terms of natural use, whatever the body needs at that time), whether it be an organ, tissue, muscle, or anything else. Adult stem cells, unlike embryonic ones, have more limitations in regard to what they can grow into, making them less valuable. That answer your question?

I've said this before. The fetus does not realize it is being aborted, because it cannot think about such things. If it does not realize it is being "punished", then it does not really matter to the fetus anyway. The mother should have the choice, in my eyes, to remove something from her body that she does not want in it.

You cannot say that simply because the foetus is unaware it can be murdered with moral backing. That foetus would still go on to become a healthy human being but abortion is completely stopping him/her from living. What's the difference between killing a three month old foetus or mudering a newborn sleeping baby? They're both unaware.

Abortion is murder.

You cannot say that simply because the foetus is unaware it can be murdered with moral backing. That foetus would still go on to become a healthy human being but abortion is completely stopping him/her from living. What's the difference between killing a three month old foetus or mudering a newborn sleeping baby? They're both unaware.

Abortion is murder.

One pretty much doesn't have a heartbeat anyway.

Abortion is murder.

A fetus cannot think, at all, and a new born baby ( what does newborn mean, anyway? Is there a limit of time when it ceases to be newborn?) is an actual human being.

By your logic, killing anything that is asleep is murder.

P.S- Is there a particular reason you're spelling fetus "foetus"? I've never seen it spelled that way.

A fetus cannot think, at all, and a new born baby ( what does newborn mean, anyway? Is there a limit of time when it ceases to be newborn?) is an actual human being.

A child doesn't start thinking the instant it's born, there's a point in the pregnancy where the brain develops and the child becomes able to think. However a week-old embryo is certainly not capable of thought.

P.S- Is there a particular reason you're spelling fetus "foetus"? I've never seen it spelled that way.
It's one of those words you Americans can't spell properly (like "paedophile" or "cheque"). :p

A child doesn't start thinking the instant it's born, there's a point in the pregnancy where the brain develops and the child becomes able to think. However a week-old embryo is certainly not capable of thought.

It's one of those words you Americans can't spell properly (like "paedophile" or "cheque"). :p

And colour, flavour, favourite, aluminium, arse, bogeyman, carburettor, fillet, moustache, snigger, center, theatre, calibre, metre, fibre, practise, license, offence, defence, organise, realise, catalogue, prologue...etc.

Well yes, the word "killing" implies murder whether or not the subject is conscious or not. By newborn, I was thinking less than a few days old - not old enough to think or properly conscious. Is it wrong to kill this newborn baby?

And I just spell foetus as the English dictionary tells me.

Abortion is murder.

So you're saying that every time I bust a nut into the toilet I'm committing mass homicide?

****, I better go into hiding or something...

Abortion is murder.

You assume it is going to be healthy. Not everyone aborts because they don't want to care for a baby. I deem your argument a failure.

You assume it is going to be healthy. Not everyone aborts because they don't want to care for a baby. I deem your argument a failure.

REASONS GIVEN FOR ABORTIONS: AGI SURVEY, 2004 [6]

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

2004 is the most recent year given.

Less than 7.5% of abortions were because of rape, incest, mother health problems, or fetus health problems.

I deem your counter-argument a failure.

Edit: More sources

http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/AbortionStatistics.htm
* The overwhelming majority of all abortions, (95%), are done as a means of birth control

* Only 1% are performed because of rape or incest;
* 1% because of fetal abnormalities;
* 3% due to the mother's health problems.

Reasons Women Choose Abortion (U.S.)

* Wants to postpone childbearing: 25.5%
* Wants no (more) children: 7.9%
* Cannot afford a baby: 21.3%
* Having a child will disrupt education or job: 10.8%
* Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy: 14.1%
* Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy: 12.2%
* Risk to maternal health: 2.8%
* Risk to fetal health: 3.3%
* Other: 2.1%

Last edited:
Status