About that PS3?

Tacos

Banned
Nov 15, 2006
What is the use for the huge hard drive in those PS3's. Do you just store music on there, or can you save/run programs? I am a bit confused. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

If you notice...if you'd bothered to look...there's a part of the forum about the PS3, lazy much?

think of the ps3 as a computer with the tv screen as a monitor. Now what do you think it can do.

You guys aren't nice.

Sorry for asking a question. Sorry I didn't see the part that said PS3 questions click here, and sorry I am not awesome enough to be like you. I will try harder next time.

Don't worry about it Tacos...some people just like things 'just so'...I don't think most of us were put off by your question.

It's for downloading demo games, whole games, psone games for psp, movies etc.... it's a neat piece of equipment but i wouldn't even call it a gaming console. I played it at my brother in laws saturday but most of the time he was showing me features. I'm still happy with my Wii, but I'll probably pick up a PS3 when they get into the same price range as Wii

Bulldogxx831 said:
think of the ps3 as a computer with the tv screen as a monitor. Now what do you think it can do.

So it can run programs like Excel and Winamp?

Not initially, but yes. There is even an option to install another OS. and yellow dog linux for PS3 shipped this week. Since it runs off of G5 chips, it's very likely it would run a recent copy of Mac OSX if you modified it a bit. Also it would almost CERTAINLY install (maybe not run) the XBOX 360 OS, because they use almost identical processors. PS3 just has an extra one. The original developer boxes for both systems are/were Mac G5s. That's why the Xbox 360 gets so god damn hot! Apple never put a G5 into a laptop because of how huge and hot they were and the huge amount of power they require so expect PS3 meltdowns as often or moreso than 360 meltdowns. The G5 on my desk comes liquid cooled, are PS3's liquid cooled? They ought to be.

I predict a week or 2 from today before somebody posts up pics of running PC or Mac software on the ps3.

Back