About to buy, have some questions

callme.nasty

Account Suspended
Jan 2, 2007
PA
Hey, i'm about to buy a ps3. I was wondering how much of a difference there is between playing on a regular tv, and playing on an HD tv with HD cables. If so, what cables do i need, component cables? Also, can i hook this thing up wirelessly, or do i need to use the ethernet? What are the controller cables for? do they charge it? if so, how do i do that? Is there a standby mode like the ps2 had, or do i just use the switch in the back? Also, what is the PSnetwork. i see you have to sign up for that. does it cost money?

thanks, sorry for so many questions.

I too am thinking of buying. I know it has wi-fi so you can be online W/O the unsightly ethernet cable running accross the floor of your game room or what not.

callme.nasty said:
Hey, i'm about to buy a ps3. I was wondering how much of a difference there is between playing on a regular tv, and playing on an HD tv with HD cables. If so, what cables do i need, component cables? Also, can i hook this thing up wirelessly, or do i need to use the ethernet? What are the controller cables for? do they charge it? if so, how do i do that? Is there a standby mode like the ps2 had, or do i just use the switch in the back? Also, what is the PSnetwork. i see you have to sign up for that. does it cost money?

thanks, sorry for so many questions.

1. It makes a good difference between HD and regular.
2. Do you have an HD tv? If so use cables above component cables. The highest is HDMI. It's more expensive but it looks great.
3. Hooking it up wirelessly is SO easy.
4. Controller cable is to charge the controller. You just plug it into the USB port in the front of the PS3 while the PS3 is on.
5. Just like the PS2 with the Standby mode.
6. It is the way you go online and play. FREE!!!!!!!!!!

I love my PS3. Great decision.

Resistance is an awesome game story mode and Multiplayer.
What part of PA are you from?

Big_League_Slugger said:
1. It makes a good difference between HD and regular.
2. Do you have an HD tv? If so use cables above component cables. The highest is HDMI. It's more expensive but it looks great.
3. Hooking it up wirelessly is SO easy.
4. Controller cable is to charge the controller. You just plug it into the USB port in the front of the PS3 while the PS3 is on.
5. Just like the PS2 with the Standby mode.
6. It is the way you go online and play. FREE!!!!!!!!!!

I love my PS3. Great decision.

Resistance is an awesome game story mode and Multiplayer.
What part of PA are you from?

45 min south of philly. how do i connect through wi-fi. i have a wireless router and everything. do i have to sign up before connecting? yes i have HD tv. Its 125 inches and my dad won't let me use it unless i'm playing something HD, which is why i'm buying the ps3. I want something with real cool graphics in a good multiplayer that WON'T get boring. I'm thinking motorstorm or GRAW2.

On a side note, my friend wants to sell MLB 2k7 (PS3), i hate that game so i don't want it. he wants to know how much its worth....

callme.nasty said:
45 min south of philly. how do i connect through wi-fi. i have a wireless router and everything. do i have to sign up before connecting? yes i have HD tv. Its 125 inches and my dad won't let me use it unless i'm playing something HD, which is why i'm buying the ps3. I want something with real cool graphics in a good multiplayer that WON'T get boring. I'm thinking motorstorm or GRAW2.

On a side note, my friend wants to sell MLB 2k7 (PS3), i hate that game so i don't want it. he wants to know how much its worth....

I believe you have to have the system search for your router. Resistance is a good multiplayer game.

Big_League_Slugger said:
I believe you have to have the system search for your router. Resistance is a good multiplayer game.

whats the difference/pros/cons between resistance and GRAW 2?

EDIT:anyone know if blockbuster rents out blu-ray movies, or if blu-ray is much of a difference from HD?

Last edited:
Back