About to purchase my first few VC, who agrees with these choices?

awdawg

WiiChat Member
Jun 18, 2007
I won myself 2000 wii points by doing the necessary work and gethering about 500 spam emails a day... lol... But none the less I have them for a few hours of my wasted life!
I am thinking I want to get Mario Kart 64 (probably by far my fav n64 game, I think it ruled over double dash myself)
as well I was thinking paper mario(which I've never played).

Good for my first VC purchases?

Lemme know if you think either of those are unwise, and justify why! :)

Mario Kart is an awesome choice. If you like turn based fighting games then Paper Mario is a good choice...Although I would probably get Kirby and another NES game.

well i have mario kart64 which is a classic. i got paper mario which i had never played before , so it was new to me too. i also have super mario64 which is a must have

they are all good

I'd get Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time instead of Paper Mario. And if you aren't exactly loaded with cash, save your points for another month or two to see if Nintendo gets things sorted out with Rare and Activision, we may see Goldeneye on VC yet!

Those two games that you have listed are good choices, but I would also suggest Ocarina of Time, if you have not played this classic already.

Spyro said:
I'd get Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time instead of Paper Mario. And if you aren't exactly loaded with cash, save your points for another month or two to see if Nintendo gets things sorted out with Rare and Activision, we may see Goldeneye on VC yet!

Would Microsoft be willing to let it onto VC when they could release it on XBLA (assuming Activision agrees, of course)?

VC games

I love the VC aspect to the Wii. I think Punchout is great. I hope they put up the SNES version of Punchout soon

Napalmbrain said:
Would Microsoft be willing to let it onto VC when they could release it on XBLA (assuming Activision agrees, of course)?

Well there is something in the red tape about "it was a nintendo exclusive, so it must remain one." But yet Nintendo doesn't own it anymore, so they are at a stalemate until either Nintendo gives up the exclusivity or pays Microsoft for the rights. I have a feeling that Microsoft wont be cheap with it either.

Plus, if Microsoft wanted to put it on XBLA they'd have to rewrite the code for Xbox and that would change the game a lot from it's original form. Nintendo wouldn't have to rewrite the game because the Wii can read NES, SNES, 64, etc. already. It wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to keep this game when they could profit by selling it to Nintendo.

EDIT: I have an Xbox 360 as well as a Wii, and I couldn't justify playing Goldeneye on the Xbox.

Last edited:
well personally I never was a goldeneye fan that much, as far as OOT I have it on the gamecube disc as well as the gold cartridge for the n64, I never finished it... got all the way to the end... and just got bored, I want them to come out with soem fun replayable 5 hour long games... I get too bored with games that take over 20 hours to beat myself....
but mario kart I absolutely love
they should bring out super mario RPG that was fun as well..

Donkey Kong Country, Zelda Link to the Past, Punch Out is another good way to spend $20. Mario Kart 64 and Zelda Orcana of Time is another good path. About $60 will get you a really decent collection. Hold off on Street Fighter until Super SF launches.

go for, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Brothers 1 and Super Mario Brothers 2...those 2 are the true classics, and can't wait for the third

awdawg said:
well personally I never was a goldeneye fan that much, as far as OOT I have it on the gamecube disc as well as the gold cartridge for the n64, I never finished it... got all the way to the end... and just got bored, I want them to come out with soem fun replayable 5 hour long games... I get too bored with games that take over 20 hours to beat myself....
but mario kart I absolutely love
they should bring out super mario RPG that was fun as well..
I know that people have different opinions and everything, but how could you not like goldeneye? IMO, the movie and the game were both good, for me, goldeneye was one of my first games, well, it was my first game for my first console, the game also felt good to play, unlike some games like Halo for XBOX and RedSteel for the Wii, they are still great games, but they felt akward and were hard to play, and a lot of times, in games like RedSteel wich uses the pointing of the Wiimote (and since it requires precise pointing, it requires a precise place to put the sensor bar for perfect triangulation), it's never accurate enough, so you go too far one direction and somebody's shooting at you, you can't easily shoot back, and within minutes, you're dead, while in games like goldeneye, the N64 controller (passes over to the GCN controller), feels natural when playing, and is more accurate because of it, and in a lot of the higher action scenes that most FPSs have, you have more control

Back