Abundance of PS3's

billm0066 said:
YOur comparing a 1 year old system to sonys launch games. Have you seen what the cell can do? It will dominate the 360's graphics. As for the wii, the gamecubes graphics are on par with that. Hell the ps1 is pretty damn close. Plus you have to pay for ms online.

Hmmm... remember Atari Jaguar? It could have dominated SNES and Genesis' graphics, but it failed.

Neo Geo's another example of that.

Good graphics don't equate to a successful system.

BlenderWizard said:
Hmmm... remember Atari Jaguar? It could have dominated SNES and Genesis' graphics, but it failed.

Neo Geo's another example of that.

Good graphics don't equate to a successful system.

The best graphics, free online, cheapest blu ray player on market, lots of great exclusive games, bluetooth controllers. Thats just to name a few.

Did any of those systems you mention sell 1 million units in about a month of its release? No they didnt. Face it man, the ps3 will dominate the console war. It happened with the ps2, and its gonna happen again. Just wait until sony does a price drop :scared: The most advanced console for $400 and $500.

Last edited:
they didn't mean how many systems all together,they meant how many they sold on the same weekend as the ps3 and wii.....

Last edited by a moderator:
billm0066 said:
The best graphics, free online, cheapest blu ray player on market, lots of great exclusive games, bluetooth controllers. Thats just to name a few.

Did any of those systems you mention sell 1 million units in about a month of its release? No they didnt. Face it man, the ps3 will dominate the console war. It happened with the ps2, and its gonna happen again. Just wait until sony does a price drop :scared: The most advanced console for $400 and $500.

Time for me to step in, just for one of this guys' posts...
Here are a few little points/comments on your first paragraph

~Best graphics - Once again, if you love staring at purdy explosions and not actually playing the game, the PS3's perfect. Good for you. D:

~Free online... Hmm... Sounds familiar... I could have sworn that another same-gen console has that... Hmm... What was it?... OH, YES! The Wii! What a coincidence.

~Cheapest blu-ray player - Huh... And... How many blu-ray DVD's are out now?.. About... Twenty? Yeah... Totally worth it.
Billy: Hey, wanna come over and watch Will Ferrel play a racing redneck?
Joe: Naw, I'm good. I'd rather not just watch some boring HD DVD.
Billy: But it's in BLUUUUU-RAAAAAYYY!!!
Joe: Really?!.. Wait... What's the difference?
Billy: No idea, but the disks are blue!
Joe: ZOMG REALLY?! **** YEAH, MAN!
~~~~~
Nice. xD

~A lot of GREAT exclusive games - Well... NOW I'm gonna have to break THIS one down a bit more...
-A LOT of exclusive games? Really..? Name some, then. Oh, wait...
-We're talking about GREAT exclusive games, aren't we? Like what?
Riiiiiiiidge RACER!? xD
-Hmm... Once again... Wonder what other consoles have some exclusive games... Maybe Nintendo could name a console or two... Huh...

~And go ahead and name a few more reasons why this thing is so superior?

Oh, and this whole unit selling competition, Nintendo is obviously winning. Mentioning that Nintendo is manufacturing things faster is really idiotic, too. Just proving that it's selling faster. They make more, they sell more, no more available. Sony makes less, they sell even less than that, and they're sitting on shelves at stores. xD

billm0066 said:

dude, theyve sold only 550,000 dumbass, gt youre **** together,

bluetooth, could have sworn the other systems had them too,

the free online is garbage,

best graphics, who gives a ****?!??!?!?! wii has the worst and its selling a helluva lot faster than ps3s

yeah, price drop my ass, then theyll lose evenmore money on the damn retro looking VCR called the PS3

nexgenwars.com

PS3 hasn't sold a million YET.

Now back on topic I went to best buy the other day to buy guitar hero 2 and in the center were tons of 360s 2 PS3's and even 1 ps2 left. I saw some lady ask for a ps2 and the clerk pointed to them and she went to pick up a ps3 and the guy was like 599 and she was like "Oh oh oh" and went and picked up a ps2, made my day.

bad news, sold out of guitar hero, had to go to gamestop..

found 6 at gamestop at a nearby mall yesterday while christmas shopping ^^,

Hellview said:
nexgenwars.com

PS3 hasn't sold a million YET.

Now back on topic I went to best buy the other day to buy guitar hero 2 and in the center were tons of 360s 2 PS3's and even 1 ps2 left. I saw some lady ask for a ps2 and the clerk pointed to them and she went to pick up a ps3 and the guy was like 599 and she was like "Oh oh oh" and went and picked up a ps2, made my day.

bad news, sold out of guitar hero, had to go to gamestop..
GamerGauge has a better estimate of sales with Wii @ about 2.4 million to the PS3's 577,286

Already a thread for this, but whatever....

It is pretty sad, since Sony said they would only be releasing 1mil - 2mil before xmas, while Nintendo said they'd be doing from 2mil - 4mil, yet the Wii is harder to find...quite sad.

ssbb_lover said:
Already a thread for this, but whatever....

It is pretty sad, since Sony said they would only be releasing 1mil - 2mil before xmas, while Nintendo said they'd be doing from 2mil - 4mil, yet the Wii is harder to find...quite sad.

Wii_Rulez said:
GamerGauge has a better estimate of sales with Wii @ about 2.4 million to the PS3's 577,286

If those numbers are correct, then PS3 has barely made half of the min.

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
dude, theyve sold only 550,000 dumbass, gt youre **** together,

bluetooth, could have sworn the other systems had them too,

the free online is garbage,

best graphics, who gives a ****?!??!?!?! wii has the worst and its selling a helluva lot faster than ps3s

yeah, price drop my ass, then theyll lose evenmore money on the damn retro looking VCR called the PS3

My god! You have your facts pretty screwed up. I can't stop laughing about the bluetooth remark. :rolleyes:

First off, it is you who should get your **** together.

Bluetooth and Blu-Ray are two completely different things.
Bluetooth: A wireless connectivity technology that is used by most (short-range) wireless appliances, such as the WiiMote.
Blu-Ray: A next gen disk format which uses new, complicated, expensive (albeit much better than the standard DVD) technology. The PS3 uses this format for it's games, as well as work as a cheap Blu-Ray DVD player.

The free online is pretty good for what it is, even if it isn't as good as the Xbox Live service. So, just because you've been spoiled by the sheer awesomeness of Xbox Live, doesn't mean every other online service sucks. I mean, look at the Wii! The Wii's online service doesn't even have the ball rolling quite yet! Now does it?

Now, you may have a good point here. But come on! Many people are willing to pay for intense graphics vs. intense gameplay. And there are also alot of people, like me, who get a complete next-gen experience because we have a PS3/Xbox360 to go with our Wii.

And about the last one... What the h**l?? You do know that technology gets older and more affordable/easier to develop as new technology starts to show it's incredibly expensive head, right?

WOW.. Some of the people on these forums really don't like to use their brain, do they... :tard:

This almost makes me want to be a Sony fan. I could get my console so much easier this way...

Kherrek508 said:
My god! You have your facts pretty screwed up. I can't stop laughing about the bluetooth remark. :rolleyes:

First off, it is you who should get your **** together.

Bluetooth and Blu-Ray are two completely different things.
Bluetooth: A wireless connectivity technology that is used by most (short-range) wireless appliances, such as the WiiMote.
Blu-Ray: A next gen disk format which uses new, complicated, expensive (albeit much better than the standard DVD) technology. The PS3 uses this format for it's games, as well as work as a cheap Blu-Ray DVD player.

The free online is pretty good for what it is, even if it isn't as good as the Xbox Live service. So, just because you've been spoiled by the sheer awesomeness of Xbox Live, doesn't mean every other online service sucks. I mean, look at the Wii! The Wii's online service doesn't even have the ball rolling quite yet! Now does it?

Now, you may have a good point here. But come on! Many people are willing to pay for intense graphics vs. intense gameplay. And there are also alot of people, like me, who get a complete next-gen experience because we have a PS3/Xbox360 to go with our Wii.

And about the last one... What the h**l?? You do know that technology gets older and more affordable/easier to develop as new technology starts to show it's incredibly expensive head, right?

WOW.. Some of the people on these forums really don't like to use their brain, do they... :tard:

About the bluetooth, he was referring to your comment on how the ps3 has bluetooth dumbass.

As in, so does the wii and xbox360, thus that is a retarded argument point.

Back