Abundance of PS3's

Kherrek, that was actually a pretty good defense since you didn't flame or anything.

Vagrant, it wasn't him who said it, that was billy.

I actually think you put that pretty well...I would post a little more, but I got to leave for Florida! Cya guys. :D

izimngcubes15 said:
That is weird. I found a PS3 at a local GameStop easier than Wii. I located a PS3 easier than Wii, even though Wii was supposedly more made than PS3.

Wii is more popular
It sells as soon as it's put on the shelf

In UK (Manchester) where I live PS3 obviously isn't out but on the Wii Shipment here they came in at 10am. About 15 in GAME and they gone by 10:15-10:30

Good job I got mine on Launch

Very recent/ yesterday. I was in Gamestop. My friend is still trying to get a Wii. For humor's sake he asked if they had a PS3. The clerk said they had 6, and two of them were returned unopened! This was 9pm at night! They said they were trying to sell them all day. I'm starting to wonder if Sony will break 1.5 million next year, 4 million units is now a pipe dream. Sony needs a price drop on their games! I hear they want $70 a game in June!

lol yeah sony needs a price drop but dont count on it soon only japan has had a price drop because of 2 companies that makes video games were bitching about lack of sales of the ps3 hence lack of sales of hardware means lack of sale in software. and if they do raise the price of there games to $70 you can say the ps3 is dead . consumers are ganna look at the price of the hardware and say wow expensive but look at the features then say ohh thats why .. next theyll look at the software prices and say wtf ill pass lol next system =-).

billm0066 said:
The best graphics, free online, cheapest blu ray player on market, lots of great exclusive games, bluetooth controllers. Thats just to name a few.

Did any of those systems you mention sell 1 million units in about a month of its release? No they didnt. Face it man, the ps3 will dominate the console war. It happened with the ps2, and its gonna happen again. Just wait until sony does a price drop :scared: The most advanced console for $400 and $500.

retard.jpg

izimngcubes15 said:
That is weird. I found a PS3 at a local GameStop easier than Wii. I located a PS3 easier than Wii, even though Wii was supposedly more made than PS3.

That's what you call "popular".

billm0066 said:
The best graphics, free online, cheapest blu ray player on market, lots of great exclusive games, bluetooth controllers. Thats just to name a few.

Did any of those systems you mention sell 1 million units in about a month of its release? No they didnt. Face it man, the ps3 will dominate the console war. It happened with the ps2, and its gonna happen again. Just wait until sony does a price drop :scared: The most advanced console for $400 and $500.

neither did the ps3 sell 1mil on its first month out or did they lol last i seen there at 500,000 something ..and as for sony price drop your ganna be waiting along time by then wii and 360 will already have there price drop lol and no dont think anyone of us is scared about that lol . dont get me wrong the ps3 is a nice peice of hardware heck imma get me one later on though not now lol.. not unless they make a blu ray drive for computers then imma get that instead lol i know theres some for laptops dont know about desktops

Now i just went to best buy and the had 5 ps3's and 1 premium and 2 core xbox 360's, WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billm0066

Did any of those systems you mention sell 1 million units in about a month of its release? No they didnt. Face it man, the ps3 will dominate the console war. It happened with the ps2, and its gonna happen again. Just wait until sony does a price drop The most advanced console for $400 and $500.

And the wii sold about 2.5 million since its release. And didint 360 sell over 1 mil. in the first week, i thought i heard that.

Last edited:
fender13 said:
Now i just went to best buy and the had 5 ps3's and 1 premium and 2 core xbox 360's, WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billm0066

Did any of those systems you mention sell 1 million units in about a month of its release? No they didnt. Face it man, the ps3 will dominate the console war. It happened with the ps2, and its gonna happen again. Just wait until sony does a price drop The most advanced console for $400 and $500.

And the wii sold about 2.5 million since its release. And didint 360 sell over 1 mil. in the first week, i thought i heard that.

ps3 didnt sell mil in one month of its release and dont say because of its shortage your making it like sony sold 1mil in a month of its release wich in fact they didnt now please stop saying that . and again for the price drop keep wishing for that . if they do then they ganna be losing more money .. why dont you do sony a favor and go out and buy 30 games for your sony ps3 so you can help them out cause then need some help

It's quite common now to see PS3's on shelves, but no wii's.
I finally found a Wii today, there were 6 wii's and a few PS3's in stock sitting next to eachother.
3 hours later, no wii's left,all the PS3's there.

It's not that PS3 isn't good, it's a massively powerful console system, and for the price, it is an excellent deal. That doesn't change the fact that it's still $600-$700 (Canadian), and just not an option for many. Microsoft were smarter here, they offered the system at a lower price so more people could afford it, and then added the option of a HD-DVD drive for those who wanted it.
If someone offered me a Ps3, I'd be happy to take it, but I just don't want to spend that much money on a console. My PC has better graphics anyway, and I've already paid for that.

Update: I went back to my local mall. I counted over 42+ PS3's available in my area. Target 10, Circuit City 12, Electronics Boutique 8, Game Stop 6, and FYE 6 all had PS3s. Half of the amount were from returns at some stores. How does Sony respond? Kaz Hirai and a bunch of others give themselves promotions. Nice one Sony.

Back