accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powercord

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2011
The power cord went on my Wii. So I went to a store to get a new one. I was informed that I had to order 1 from the company. This is very good. I really like the idea of having to write to Wii company for a power cord. I had the same problem with a laptop. Power cord was no good any more. Was told I had to order 1 from the company. What I can not understand. No matter how good a product is. Things always break. So why do the stores that sell their products. Not sell the power cords? I do not think it is my job to have to order a power cord from the company. The store where I bought the product should have one some where.

Since my power cord does not work. I can not play Wii. Since I can not play Wii. Why should I buy any more Wii games. I guess the Wii company did not think of that as a problem.

It is a problem. Because of 1 power cord that I would have to order from the company. You just lost a customer. They don't care Customer satifaction is the least of their worries. Someone else will replace me. If enough of the people out there stop ordering from the company for accessories. Which should be carried in the stores. They may wake up to this problem. Then again I am from the old generation.

From 1 very satisfied customer that not buying another Wii product.

I understand your frustration at losing the ability to use something you enjoy even if temporarily. However, I think your anger is misplaced. A power cord is not an accessory, it is part of the device you purchased. Retail stores could not possibly carry all available replacement parts for all the products they sell. That is not their business. In fact, stocking replacement parts for products they sell would signal to customers that those products are inherently defective. As with most manufactured products, repair or replacement of a product or one of its parts is done by the factory or an authorized representative.

The Power cord went on the Wii..... ? ?

Is your Wii still under warranty ? If so call nintendo.

If not........
Unless the fault in the power cord is in the big ass block, then this can be fixed your self.
First thing that comes to mind, if your power lead is naffed, you not taking that much care over it, (my snes works perfectly, and how old is that!)
If you have loose (frayed) wires you can simply cut the affected area out and rejoin the wires.
I know it might be obvious but have you replaced the fuse in the plug (top of my head Im not sure if its replaceable) but saying that your lead is naffed so snip the plug off and put a standard one on it.(not sure what fuse to put in, try a 5amp to see if it works.
If still nothing, there may have been a power surge (lights in house go dim briefly) and the block has fried as a result...

Try a friends power cord to isolate your problem to the power lead, it maybe worse than what you think. If it works with friends lead......Ebay - Wii power lead....

Retail stores could not possibly carry all available replacement parts for all the products they sell. That is not their business. In fact, stocking replacement parts for products they sell would signal to customers that those products are inherently defective. As with most manufactured products, repair or replacement of a product or one of its parts is done by the factory or an authorized representative.

OH God Car dealerships carry spare parts? If they don't have it they order it. I don't have to order the part from the company. As for stocking replacement parts, gives the customers the idea that those products are defective. That is BS. All products are defective 1 way or another.

Fact is thing break down. Even Power cords. It electrical, electrical things break, They can short out. There are more reasons. Wii knows this they have known this for years. That power cords fail. Why do you think every electrical appliance has a 1 year warranty? They break after it expires.

So I should not have to order a power cord from the company. The place I bought it should carry it or order it for me.. Oh that would require Customer Service. We know now that no one really cares about CS any more.

I for got we are in a throw away world now. So Just throw it all away and buy a whole new Wii package. It cheaper to buy a new stove than send 1 off to the manufacture to get fixed. Then they can not even know if they can fix it. All at your expense.

The Power cord went on the Wii..... ? ?

Is your Wii still under warranty ? If so call nintendo.

If not........
Unless the fault in the power cord is in the big ass block,

Try a friends power cord to isolate your problem to the power lead, it maybe worse than what you think. If it works with friends lead......Ebay - Wii power lead....

No it not under warranty. Yes it the big block thing. Tried a friends power cord. It works. So it the power cord. No Not buying off of e-bay. My main concern is. That the store where the product I bought it at, and other stores that sell the product. Will not order the power cord for me. Why should I as a customer have to order the power cord from the company. The store that sells these products should do it, or carry it.

Until the younger generation realizes this. Instead of ordering from the company. Imagine when you have to order a new dashboard. engine or other parts for your vehicle from the company. Instead of the dealers. That is what all the stores that sell Wii products are. Dealers for that product. That where I should get my power cord from.

Either you didn't read my response closely enough or you may not want to acknowledge that you might not be in the right. Either way, here are my responses to your response:

OH God Car dealerships carry spare parts? If they don't have it they order it. I don't have to order the part from the company.

All car dealerships sell are cars and specific brands at that. Also, cars have parts that wear down rapidly and require a significant amount of routine maintenance compared to other types of products. Therefore, it makes much more sense for them to stock parts for their products.

As for stocking replacement parts, gives the customers the idea that those products are defective. That is BS. All products are defective 1 way or another.

I said inherently defective. Most products are made to last a specific amount of time and quality products are made to last longer. A defective product is one that fails before its lifespan is complete. An inherently defective product is one that routinely fails before the end of its expected lifespan. The Wii's powercord is not inherentley defective. Either the one you have was not made properly or it was mistreated.

Fact is thing break down. Even Power cords. It electrical, electrical things break, They can short out. There are more reasons. Wii knows this they have known this for years. That power cords fail. Why do you think every electrical appliance has a 1 year warranty? They break after it expires.

Warranties are to help protect the consumer from defective (notice I didn't say inherently defective) products which make their way off the production line. With proper care and maintenance, most products will last long past their warranty period.

So I should not have to order a power cord from the company. The place I bought it should carry it or order it for me.. Oh that would require Customer Service. We know now that no one really cares about CS any more.

I already addressed this in my previous post.

I for got we are in a throw away world now. So Just throw it all away and buy a whole new Wii package. It cheaper to buy a new stove than send 1 off to the manufacture to get fixed. Then they can not even know if they can fix it. All at your expense.

I suspect you are just here to rant, and you are welcome to do that. However, don't expect any meaningful conversation or action to come of it.

Here the FU****G problem. You do not see it as a problem. So you go order the power cord from the company. That the way you want to do things then go ahead. Me on ther other hand. If a part becomes defective. Then I should be able to get the part from a store somewhere. Not have to order it from the company. That is my main point. Power cords fail.

You did say " most products will last long past their warranty period." That is true. Also some FU****G parts fail. The power cord did. It was even in a surge protection outlet. It was past 2 years Happy? So you young generation get a grip on life. Realize that the stores do not give a hoot about a product after they sell it. If the store can order the products. Then they should be able to order the parts when someone needs 1. The power cord is the deal here.

Just remember what happens when you have a blackout. No power. No buying anything except with cash. That includes gas for your car. I am not 1 that thinks I should have to order anything from the company that makes the product. The stores should carry the product replacement parts. Cars do break down. You can get it fixed because you do not have to order the part from the company. As with electronics. They break down also. What the difference? The stores carry all the Wii products and games. No power cords. The controller breaks you can go and buy a new one. You do not have to order it from the company. Not the power cord. Maybe the stores should not carry the controllers or any other parts or accessories. Then you will know where the F**K I am coming from.

Last edited:
Ok you have been given advice and you seem to be throwing it back in there face.
No need to be rude about it.
Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back