'Acquiring network address' problem with Wi-Fi USB Connector

The-Wii-Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
After a few weeks of fiddling about on my computer with stuff i didnt have a clue about, i finally got my crappy Wi-Fi adapter to work.Which wasnt so crappy after all as it seemed even faster than my computer. It was working fine until i woke up to find that my momma had switched of the computer while my wifi was in it doing its thing.So i turned it on and i couldnt get a connection. When i put the usb connector in and go to Control Panel/ Network Connections it is there and it says connected but keeps switching to 'Acquiring Network Address' and back. It also does this every time i open the connector registration tool. I have been fiddling about with my network settings so that might be why but i dunno a thing about networks. When the wifi connector stays connected, i open the Wi-Fi Connector Registration tool thing and it just stays grey down the bottom corner. If i right click it and click run it doesnt open and stays grey. Sometimes my computer doesnt even recognize the damn Usb Connector.

By the way im with NTL Broadband. Wired Router.<--- I think, its a shiny box with flashy green lights and wires. :D

Here is a screenshot of whats happening, and if anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Wi-Fi Error Picture.JPG
    Wi-Fi Error Picture.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 6,105
Back