Action Replay or Things of the Sort

an action reply is only a code bank that lets you unlock things faster, (or something things that can only be unlocked with a code) it does not let you play backup games.

an R4 whole name R4DS is the best and the newest generation of 1-slot cards on the DS that allows you to play Backup games, read e-books, and view movies on your DS. Every few months the R4DS team comes out with new firmwares that update the hardware fixing bugs that may have been in the previous firmwares... the newest R4DS firmware 1.08 also included the action replay code pack (thus it acts as an action replay as well as all the things mentioned before).

Do you have to buy it again if a new update comes out or can you just update it yourself without paying? Also do you have one and do the cheats work when you're online (don't woorry I'm not going to cheat uf I do get it). Is it like a DS cartridge that you're able to put things on, would you be able to give ma a link, I've looked at things but they don't really explain it.

gpoleweski said:
Do you have to buy it again if a new update comes out or can you just update it yourself without paying? Also do you have one and do the cheats work when you're online (don't woorry I'm not going to cheat uf I do get it). Is it like a DS cartridge that you're able to put things on, would you be able to give ma a link, I've looked at things but they don't really explain it.
r4 updates are free and you just download it. The R4 uses a MicroSD card to hold everything and that microsd card just plugs into the R4 Unit which is the size of a normal game cart.

Gameshark just lets you cheat in a game. R4 lets you play backed up games

Oh ok. Just checking. Thanks for that. Do you have an R4DS? If you do, can you have a game like New Super Mario Bros in, are able to cheat or not? Because how can the game go in at the sime time as the R4. Many thanks in return and a rep.

gpoleweski said:
Oh ok. Just checking. Thanks for that. Do you have an R4DS? If you do, can you have a game like New Super Mario Bros in, are able to cheat or not? Because how can the game go in at the sime time as the R4. Many thanks in return and a rep.
the R4 is not a cheat device. all it does is let you put downloaded games onto the card and apparently they just recently added the option to enable cheats. someone correct me if im wrong (seeing as how i dont have/never used an R4)

Mitch2025 said:
the R4 is not a cheat device. all it does is let you put downloaded games onto the card and apparently they just recently added the option to enable cheats. someone correct me if im wrong (seeing as how i dont have/never used an R4)
that is correct, the R4 is not a cheat device, but has the option... mainly it is to let people play backup games (games that you already own) but don't want to carry 20 game carts around all the time you have the choice to put all the games in the microSD card which connects to the R4 device which is the size of a normal DS game cart. The R4DS also lets you watch movies, read E-books, and view pictures (if you put them into e-book format), and listen to mp3's (i thnk)

Back