Activision Confirm Guitar Hero Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
As previously posted today, Activisions recent conference call confirmed there commitment to the Wii console by announcing their plans to double their gaming offering to the console.

In the call CEO Mike Griffith stated that Guitar Hero will be making it’s way to the Wii:
The key difference in our strategy versus the prior cycle, is that in addition to full support on Sony and Microsoft platforms, we will aggressively target the Nintendo platforms consistent with our multi-platform strategy and Nintendo’s expected growth. In fiscal 2008, we will double our offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero.

It is still a long way off but coming from the Activision CEO i think it is safe to say this is pretty much confirmed now.

You can check out the conference call here in full:
http://investor.activision.com/

Ok they say there be offering games like Spiderman in 2008 but I thought SPideman 3 the was coming out this May along with the Movie. Of do they mean there be a new Spiderman game next year along with this year?

TRANSFORMERS!!

man i never got round to playing more than the demo of this on my ps2, my brother moved out and took it with him!

wow, im sure everyones looking forward to 3 shitty licensed titles along with guitar hero..
what are they trying to say?
we got shreK! people: yawn
how about spider man!? people: yawn
zomg transformers!!!11 people: would be good if it wasnt based off movie so we know its gonna be crap
guitar hero people: **** yah!!!!!111

that was kinda pointless but i just dont see why there promising 1 awesome title with 3 shitty ones

I personally don't like Activision for only making games based on movies, shows, comics, etc, if they come up with a good action or adven ture game then I will shut up..but Activision sucks

Refers every one to my avi
Also

I've never been a fan of games based on movies, etc although I did pick up X-Men Legends and I love both of em. However we have to realize that there are people who are obsessed with games like this and will play it regardless of the fact that they know whats going to happen...lol. As for GH I've never played it or or heard about it so I can't say whether or not I'll like it.

GH is simple
Do you like good rock music
Do you find your self wishing you can play guitar
Do you play air guitar

If yes to any or all the games for you

But I hate allmost all movie based games

MasterJedi2U said:
I've never been a fan of games based on movies, etc although I did pick up X-Men Legends and I love both of em. However we have to realize that there are people who are obsessed with games like this and will play it regardless of the fact that they know whats going to happen...lol. As for GH I've never played it or or heard about it so I can't say whether or not I'll like it.
X-Men Legends isn't based on the movie.

Axtlar said:
I play guitar...is it easier than playing guitar?
Its better
No strings to cut your fingers (but it dose hurt ather 3 hours play)
Plus real life dont have a star power gage
5 buttons of joy (refers once again to avi)

I am more excited by this than any other game coming out for the Wii this year!

I have actually contemplated picking up an old, used PS2 just so I can get guitar Hero. Now that I don't have to, I just need to wait and stew in all my fanboy-ish glee.

I was saying just the other day that they should have a Guitar Hero Wii game it seems perfect the one thing that I wonder about is using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to form a guitar which I assume they will but then they wouldn't have enough buttons perhaps they would come out with a controller like they did PS2

GUITAR HERO!!!! YESS!!! =) im exited! im more exited then a truck =)

Oh yeah! I heard of that!! Thats going to get so many sales. Honestly though, in my oppinion guitar hero isnt that great. Besides Nintendo could make a better game, but then again being your friendly (to nintedno fans anyway) Wiichat Nintendo fanatic statistics guy i would say getting guitar hero would get more sales for the Wii.

Back