Activision: First 3rd Party Publisher to Support Online Play?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a recent interview with IGN, Activision announced their plans to bring online functionality to Wii games and implied they would be the first 3rd party publisher to do so.

IGN: Will this acquisition enable the implementation of online functionality in future Wii games published by Activision?

Steve Pearce: We tend to provide online functionality for all console platforms.

Dylan Collins: If you look at our track record, we've always been pretty much the first network guys on any platform coming out.

IGN: So you do have plans to develop online-enabled Wii games in the future?

Steve Pearce: Yup.

Dylan Collins: Yeah, I would say we do.

Read the full interview here:
http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/770/770831p1.html

yea, will nintendo ever be making something where our mii's can talk to other mii's via internet?? basically just chatting i mean, but on the mii channel

Nintendo never banned third parties supposedly. That was a nasty organized rumor. The first online game is some pokemon game, third parties are supposedly going to start popping out around Q2/Q3. Supposedly.

So has that "2007 online ban" officially been declared worthless? Or is it implied? Because I did think it was too far-fetched to be true.

Hope Activision makes a good online game with what Nintendo gives them (aka the dreaded Friend Codes).

It's not that 3rd parties were banned, it's that it took Nintendo forever to get the online development libraries to the other developers. And now that they have it, it'll take awhile for them to get their games working with it. That could take until late this year or next.

Nintendo never said they banned 3rd party online.. Hermen (whoever he is) said it. Theres bo fact behind it.

PtonJalken said:
Nintendo never said they banned 3rd party online.. Hermen (whoever he is) said it. Theres bo fact behind it.

Maybe not, but wasn't Blazing Angels was supposed to be online? That's apparently been scotched.

Back