Activision Trademarks DJ Hero

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Trademork is reporting that Activision has applied for a trademark for the name DJ Hero earlier this month. There's not a whole lot of details at the moment but in legal terms, the trademark refers to "computer game software and related instruction manual sold together as a unit; interactive video game programs; computer game discs; downloadable software for use in connection with computer games; video game controllers; interactive video game comprised of a CD or DVD sold as a unit with a video game controller."

Sounds suspiciously like Konami's Beatmania but it will be interesting to see how Activision would make the game their own. It also leaves me curious as to what the song list would be like.

I don't know about you guys. But it would be cool to see DJ Hero

Source

I call dibbs on Juke Box Hero...

Your in a bar and you have to pick the songs that don't piss off the drunks.
Is it country? is it rock and roll? some hip-hop?
Whatever you do don't get it wrong or you take a beer bottle to the head and have to fight you way out :lol: :lol: Get it right and you get free rounds for you and your buddies.

Drum Hero is gonna be awesome! they had better develop that!

virtual "hero" bands then playing 'live' online together!

<drifts into a daydream>

Es

Esirnus said:
Drum Hero is gonna be awesome! they had better develop that!

virtual "hero" bands then playing 'live' online together!

<drifts into a daydream>

Es

wow like rockband?

douche

Yea I think this is really lame! Why dont you go ahead and trademark flute hero or vacuumcleaner hero!

its called spray.
they just want to trademark any name that resembles guitar hero, just in case anyone wanted to use it. they dont necessarily plan on making a game on it.

All of the hardcore fans of Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are gonna jump down their throats for this, but I'm sure some people would enjoy it. I guarantee you some Beastie Boys will be on DJ Hero.

The controller? Two turntables and a microphone.

i looked up other names that they trademarked and they are Band Hero, Drum Hero, Guitar Villain, and Drum Villain

SuperMelty said:
All of the hardcore fans of Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are gonna jump down their throats for this, but I'm sure some people would enjoy it. I guarantee you some Beastie Boys will be on DJ Hero.

The controller? Two turntables and a microphone.

All 80'd hip hop would be perfect: Rakim, Slick Rick, Doug E Fresh, Big Daddy Kane, etc...

I would buy it in a heartbeat...

Disturbed1 said:
i looked up other names that they trademarked and they are Band Hero, Drum Hero, Guitar Villain, and Drum Villain

I swear to God, if they actually make Guitar Villian or even Drum Villian, then I've lost all faith in the video game community. Or at least Activision.

I wonder how guitar villain or drum villian would be played.... You have to smash your guitar or destroy your drum set after a song his played??? Hahaha. I guess they are just trademarking the name just like rukus said.

Back