Adding a Power Adapter to the Sensor Bar

My thoughts exactly. If you check out my setup, I am going to test it in a full size movie theater tonight...

Will do... i'll post in the forums afterwards!

lee201028 said:
so how does the signal go from the bar to the wii? if it isnt connected to the wii?

The name sensor bar can be a misnomer. All it contains are some LED's that the wii mote uses to determine it's posistion. It only connects to the Wii for a power source, nothing else.

Well, if your wii was far from your tv, then you can't exactly plug your sensor bar into the wii can you? So why don't you just plug it into the nearest power outlet. That way, your sensor bar doesnt need to be near the wii, only near a electrical outlet.

DarkDepths said:
Well, if your wii was far from your tv, then you can't exactly plug your sensor bar into the wii can you? So why don't you just plug it into the nearest power outlet. That way, your sensor bar doesnt need to be near the wii, only near a electrical outlet.

Why not just place the Wii near the TV, no modification required :smilewinkgrin:

Here is some interesting information I gathered while doing this yesterday:

- When the Wii is in "sensitivity aiming mode" it variates the voltage from 5 volts to 7.5, to make the lights blink (like they do on screen at when doing the sensitivity aiming screen)

- The sensitivity of the remotes is adjusted in the "Digital camera" (??) (I think a CCD) in the Wii Mote, no changes are made to the brightness of the sensor bar...

- As stated by the guy who made his own sensor bar Make How to make your own sensor bar there are actually 5 lights on each side of the bar

I have added a video of this on my site.. link below..

paperstreethacks.com

YouTube Link

Cheers

S

Next I am going to take apart the Wiimote and find out what it uses as a "sensor",... I have to get em back from my GF first :smilewinkgrin:

When the Wii starts getting more "customizable", I want a mod that when you tap two Wii-motes together, they go "chink" like beer glasses...

Last edited:
Master Wii said:
Why not just place the Wii near the TV, no modification required :smilewinkgrin:

That's not always practical, say you have a projection television.

Besides, what is this "no modification" stuff you speak of?

BTW can anybody find info on what exactally the Wiimote is using to "triangulate" the signal? I am gonna tear it apart and look, but judging by the screen shots from the aiming sensitivy mode, my bets on a cheap digital CCD. .

Anyone else think the aiming screen looks like "a live feed"...?

Back