Adding Your Own Music To Wii Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
WannaWii said:
I was thinking it would be really cool if you could add your own music to games on the wii. Like xbox 360.
Does any one think that this is a possibility for the wii?...

I dunno, but I wouldn't use it. I like my games just the way they are! Why ruin a perfect game by putting in music? The music is fine as it is. Besides, don't you think Koji Kondo would get insulted?

You do know even if you put the Songs on the external Memory it wont add music to the games The CD's have absoulutly nothing to do with the memory except Saving your Games

Apparently, it may be possible to buy a dvd player ad-on to the wii. presumably this will also be able to play cds. Maybe you will have the option to play cds in there when playing downloaded games? However, i don't see a problem in just having music seperately; mp3 player/ cd in background.

Also, sometimes it is best to have music rather than the games' soundtrack. For example, i feel the harvest moon soundtrack is pretty dull; i usually play music when playing that.

Also, sometimes it is best to have music rather than the games' soundtrack. For example, i feel the harvest moon soundtrack is pretty dull; i usually play music when playing that.

I like the Harvest Moon soundtrack. I mean, not as much as the other games I play, but I do like Harvest Moon music.

chessaholic said:
Apparently, it may be possible to buy a dvd player ad-on to the wii. presumably this will also be able to play cds. Maybe you will have the option to play cds in there when playing downloaded games? However, i don't see a problem in just having music seperately; mp3 player/ cd in background.

Yes but the soundtrack from the game would still interfere with the normal song you still cant delete stuff from the CD's and certainly not add stuff either cuz all the space will already be full so basicly you would be listening to 2 Songs at the same time

I don't think people understand this but on the x box you can add music to the games. I would not want to add music to say zelda, but a game like need for speed it is a cool feature... You don't need to overwite the cd. on the xbox you press the button on the controll during the game and it pulls up a menu. You the select an album that you have saved on the hard drive and it plays instead of the ungame music. You can still hear all the sound effects though. I am sayign that I hope the wii does this it is a good feature...

WannaWii said:
I don't think people understand this but on the x box you can add music to the games. I would not want to add music to say zelda, but a game like need for speed it is a cool feature... You don't need to overwite the cd. on the xbox you press the button on the controll during the game and it pulls up a menu. You the select an album that you have saved on the hard drive and it plays instead of the ungame music. You can still hear all the sound effects though. I am sayign that I hope the wii does this it is a good feature...
Yeah, that'd be awesome! Perhaps most of you don't have a surround sound set-up (I'm not bragging) and thus you don't understand that you usually can only have one thing playing through them at once, so if you want to listen to some different music, you have to switch the sound channel and then you can only hear the music; the in-game sound effects and things can't be heard.

I've ripped a few CDs to my original Xbox and it's pretty cool because there are a few games, like NFS and GTA that allow you to play your own music in the game, yet you're still able to hear sound effects. The Xbox 360 does this every game, doesn't it?

If Nintendo doesn't include the feature, which I'm doubting they will in the beginning because they probably won't have large-capacity SD memory cards for a while and no one will want to buy them because the largest at 8GB are sometimes more expensive than external hard drives that have 10x as much space for the same price. They may take the same (annoying) aproach to this feature like they are with the DS web browser, which is only available in Japan.

After a few months of it's release, I'm guessing someone will have figured out a way to do it either by creating a new operating system for it, like some version of Linux, or possible through the Opera web browser.

This would be a great feature because some games just don't have the best music, yet everything else in the game is good, so it'd be nice to switch to music you already have and enjoy.

Its just a fun thing to do! Imagine smash bros with some music of your choice! Its a great feture I hope nintendo has it!

What the heck? How is anyone going to fit any music on 512 mb? I have over 20GB of music, so I don't think that is too likely, and if we can use our own music I doubt I would use the memory because I could just use my brother's Mp3 player and speakers.
Although, I do think it is a very good idea but it really wouldn't be for me. From what I know at least.

It's true.

Most people know that you can play music from your sd card on the Photo Channel, yes?:yes nod: So there is good news and bad news about this, let me start with the good news, the good news is you can play music on games :biggrin:, but only certain ones :frown5:. And even worse, out of the thousands of wii games out there, there are only about 15 that have the ability to do so:mad:, and not only that, but the games are mostly titles that most likely you've never heard of. :mad2:

oh yeah and btw, there are like 64GB sd cards for $220 on amazon, i can't imagine what 128 will cost (SanDisk has announced release of one in 2011):ee5k:.

Yo noob
Check the date of the last post
"09-08-2006, 10:21 PM"

DONT BUMP UP OLD POSTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back