Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Adult" Games for DS(L)?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by cosmichobo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. cosmichobo

cosmichobo WiiChat Member

G'day,

My fiancée recently got a DSlite, which came with a Dogz game, and we bought Brain Training, and recently Theme Park...

She/we're wondering you all could recommed some good DS games that aren't too... well... kiddish... I realise the device is targetted largely at the younger market, but I'm sure there's some more involved complex games out there?

Also she wants a "fun race car game"...?

Cheers

cosmic

2. jeanniepep

jeanniepep Old Lady Noob

Wii Friend Code: 6515-5205-9862-4856
    6515-5205-9862-4856
    My husband has Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for his DS and LOVES it!!! He can't put it down. If she's looking for involved, detailed, and adult-themed, that fills the bill. I haven't played it myself but he thinks it's one of the best ones ever made for DS.

As racing games go, you can't go wrong with Mario Kart DS. Always a solid choice.

Personally, as an adult female, my favorite games for the DS are Tetris, Space Invaders, Rhythm Heaven, and Big Bang Mini - obviously I'm more into simple quick puzzles so that might not be her preference. I also use a LOT of the educational/application type "games" like My Spanish Coach (and French, Chinese, Japanese) and I LOVE the new My Healthy Cooking Coach, which is basically a DS recipe book. It's similar to Personal Trainer: Cooking, but I like it a little better just because the recipes are more geared to my taste.

Too bad she didn't get the DSi! Right now I mainly play games I downloaded for it, just love Dr. Mario Express and Sudoku Master!

3. Andy247

Andy247 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2810-2655-6636-3175
    2810-2655-6636-3175
    Dementium: the ward and Call of duty WaW