~Advance Wars: Days of Ruin~ thread

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
AWCA-1boxart_160w.jpg

I can't wait for this game! Anyway here is some stuff about it:

Story: Meteors hit the earth and turn it into a wasteland, 90% of the population is killed, people start killing each for supplies. (It's a strategy game if you don't know)

Online: The game will feature online battles via Nintendo Wi-Fi thingamagig. It will also support voice chat, but only to people you exchanged friend codes with. You can also upload your maps (created with the map maker thingy) and download other ppl's maps.

Stuff: I assume the game will have the usual campaign mode with a bunch of missions, and a butt load of maps playable against coms and friends like the last game.

One difference in the game besides the online is the developers are trying to make it more stylus friendly, In Advance Wars Dual Strike you could either use the d-pad of stylus, but the stylus control didn't work that great. There will also be a couple more units like motorcyles and a flare truck (for foggy maps).

As far as I know that is all that been released about the game. It comes out on Jan. 21 2008.

ooooh, looky.
advancewars_1192480454.jpg

VIDS, Well it seems not all the maps are wastelands, thats good.
http://media.ds.ign.com/media/949/949669/vids_1.html

Last edited:
Just got back into AWDS after not playing it for about 2 years. It's such a good game, but it gets frustrating sometimes, when I just wanna win but I can't.

Really looking forward to AWDS2, thanks for the info.

elmo_999 said:
I played the first one for gba on my friends ds. It was pretty fun. Anyone know if the wii one is good.

There isn't a Wii version, but Battalion Wars was inspired by the series. (or something like that)

I personally don't like the BW series that much.

massi4h, are you on normal or hard mode?

Normal seemed pretty hard at the time but it's nothing compared to hard mode. I got really far but never completely beat it.

I'm playing on normal atm. When I used to play a couple years ago, I did clock it on hard campaign and I did unlock everything, including von bolt or whatever his name is. I also had two rank 100s and the rest were all over 10, some were around the 50s. I was so hard-out back then.

I'm struggling to beat Grimm / Sensei atm lol. So currently I'm just trying to get all my medals for Combat as that seems to be the only thing I'm finding easy.

massi4h said:
I'm playing on normal atm. When I used to play a couple years ago, I did clock it on hard campaign and I did unlock everything, including von bolt or whatever his name is. I also had two rank 100s and the rest were all over 10, some were around the 50s. I was so hard-out back then.

I'm struggling to beat Grimm / Sensei atm lol. So currently I'm just trying to get all my medals for Combat as that seems to be the only thing I'm finding easy.
Yeah, It's one of those games were when you put it down for a while you aren't that good at it when you pick it up again.

I really should beat hard mode. . . but it's so hard. . . and I'm a little lazy. :lol:

Put like 200 hours in that game, ranked up all the co's I used.

I played the Advance Wars series on the GBA a long time ago. It was a pretty fun series. It's also very similar to Battalion Wars.

daayuuuum. I didn't even know this game was coming out until now. Shows how much i still follow the video game scene...

Anyways, im kinda excited about this one, seeing as i just got back into playing dual strike about 2 hours ago (still getting my ass beat btw..). Online is probably the only reason i will by this, if i ever get around to it.

lol... excuse me for the double post, been having probs with my comp all day. Feel free to delete this if any of you mods just by chance happen to run by it.

Days of Ruin has been kinda under the radar. Nintendo just all of the sudden announced it at E3 and then that was it for a couple of months. New info slowly came up. Personally, I welcome the change of characters and art style. Nintendo can only add so much to the same direction before the franchise starts getting stale.

Days of Ruin will not have a shop where you buy maps and characters. It sucks but map editing and online play will make up for it.

yes this is big step up from the previous one, i still play advance wars ds, so addictive. the online ablitiy will make this game even better, but i also like the upgrade animation.

Back