Advertising Super Mario Galaxy

BIG MONEY

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2006
Indianapolis, Indiana
Wii Online Code
8463-4087-6135-8251
With only 5 weeks away, why is Nintendo not doing anything to promote or advertise Galaxy? Consendering that Mario Galaxy is one of the MUST-HAVE games of the year. Do you think Brawl is stealing Galaxy's hype?

brawl is gonna be way better, but mario galaxy will be good and it will be getting its advertising soon enough,

but 5 weeks before launch seem way to early.

like a week or 2 before is better

OMG every single time.....

Brawl is better......

I think they are all equally good. You cant compare oranges to appels you know.

Halo 3 had months of hype before its release. Its never too early to start hyping something up, just ask ms.

another example.

i hate Halo series
i love Final fantasy.

so to me Final fantasy is better than halo

(oh wait i cant say that, they are diffeerent types of games so therefore they are equally good as they cant be compared)

incase you didnt notice i said TO ME i never said to you that is showing that its my opinion.

and if i like something more than the other that makes it better TO ME

Last edited:
has wii advertised any of its games (on tv, in print, or anywhere else other than online articles or press conferences)? The only advertising i've seen for the Wii is the two dudes driving around in the SMART car. It's almost as if Nintendo is letting the word of mouth advertise for them.

well in britain at least.

before wii launch there way quite alot of tv commercials of all their launch games, especially red steel zelda and sports.

also since then iv seen

a few wario ware adverts.
wing island
super paper mario

recently brain academy adverts.
cooking mama adverts
mario strikers adverts

daviduk200 said:
u know some things u say make nooo sense

i mean i can compare apples and oranges,

for starters i dont like oranges i like apples. so then i think apples are better.
apples are sweeter than oranges (oh look another comparison)
oranges are orange apples are green/red (oh look another one)
apples can be grown almost everywhere. oranges cant (another comparison)

so as for brawl and mario galaxy.

i like multiplayer games
i dont like single player games as much (a comparison)
Brawl is online Galaxy is not (comparison)

Wow.. how old are you? I hope you don't act like this in real life..

Last edited:
daviduk200 said:

for starters i dont like oranges i like apples. so then i think apples are better.
oranges are orange appleetc etc....

I think you will like the following game: Smarty Pants. Its coming for wii, you should check that out.

You never heard of the expression: comparing apples to oranges?

What it means is that Brawl is a totaly different type of game with a totaly different type of audiance. Galaxy is fit for more people so I think it will outself Brawl. Theres a huge number of pre orders already in japan 700.000

I havent seen any numberes yet on brawl so I cant compair yet. But if you think about how both games play you can imagine a lot of those regular ( Non hardcore ) gamers will buy Galaxy before Brawl.

And I know sometimes my posts dont make sense but there wasnt much to get in the post you´re trying to rant.

Thanks for the help naisatoh
+1 rep for you lol ;)

I am sure that the commercials and other advertising campaigns will begin to show themselves when we are closer to the release date, possibly two to three weeks before the actual release.

i would like to say that

melee was the higest selling game for gamecube.

so i think brawl has a gr8 big chance of doing the same for wii

daviduk200 said:

oranges are orange apples are green/red (oh look another one)
apples can be grown almost everywhere. oranges cant (another comparison)

so as for brawl and mario galaxy.

i like multiplayer games
i dont like single player games as much (a comparison)
Brawl is online Galaxy is not (comparison)

another example.

i hate Halo series
i love Final fantasy.

so to me Final fantasy is better than halo

(oh wait i cant say that they are diffeerent types of games so therefore they are equally good as they cant be compared)
dude, please, we know that this is a forum for expressing your opinion, but saying that you like something more than something else by no means makes it better, its called an opinion. stop sounding stupid. better to have people think you're a fool than to have opened your mouth and confirmed the fact.

The exact same thing was discussed about Metroid and the exact same thing will happen. I'm pretty sure Metroid's hype (commercials and channel) began 3 weeks away. Wait a few weeks, I garuntee that there will be even more hype than Metroid.

we get pretty much zero adds here in aus. they will advertise a day before, the day of release and the day after and thats pretty much it. i mean phantom hourglass came out today or yesterday and i only saw a short add for it last night!
and nah, brawls not stealing galaxy's hype, galaxy is going to be a great game and everyone knows it, the hype will start a bit closer to release.

Well contributing to the Galaxy vs. Brawl argument.

The reason Melee sold so well compared to Sunshine was because too many people (Me not being one of them) thought Sunshine was pretty Sub-par. Plus, melee was a launch title. I personallly think that Galaxy will get better reviews then Brawl. I'm more pumped up for Galaxy on average. In fact, even with all the Brawl news today, I was far more interested in a screenshot that showed Luigi might be in Galaxy in some shape or form.

Brawl will be epic. But Galaxy will need to be more epic. I mean, a lot is riding on Galaxy. Some Journalists are already comparing it to Super Mario 64 (Which still is the 3rd highest rated game of all time) The marketing for Galaxy must be spectacular. They must find a way to make it appeal to the casual crowd..(because god knows that the hardcore crowd doesn't need anymore enticing for this one) I would start hyping maybe as early as Halloween.

Brawl, on the other hand, has been marketing 5 days a week for nearly 4 months. Showing us little tidbits to keep are interest up. (And every once in a while releasing some megaton info such as subspace emissiary, online, co-op, sonic, and online co-op) Plus, no matter what spin you put on it, I can't see this game ever appealing to the casual. It just doesn't work.

Who wins sales?

Galaxy wins sales. It'll be close. But the casual audience gives it the win. I wouldn't be at all surprised though if these are the two highest selling games on the Wii without wii in the name.

Who wins reviews?

I'd expect, on average, Galaxy will recieve 9.4-9.7...
Brawl will recieve 9.3-9.5. With one reviewer (Some might like to call it Gamespot) giving it a 8.9.. complaining of friend codes and saying it's exactly the same as previous titles but with a "better" campaign.

Who needs more marketing?

Galaxy. Brawl's been marketing forever and with the megaton of news today, people should no longer be on the fence on this one. They'll either want it or they won't.

These are my opinions.

Back